Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

if he was injuried why was he sub

As pointed out several times earlier in here - he WAS injured all week, Pelle told us that days ago but said he hoped that he would be fit for today. He started training yesterday and was fit enough to travel but they decided not to risk him unless he was needed in an emergency.

exactly

and we haven't looked our normal fluid selves going forward...we just look desperate at times

our shots on target and shots at goal are the highest in the premiership , we need to be more clinical in front of goal , and lets remember our first choice back 5 for most of last season was hart , zabs , vinnie , mangala , clichy , they were ALL missing today ,i would agree our back four at the moment is looking a bit make shift and hesitant and not very assured , but there are mitigating circumstances , m' lord

Well thanks for fuck all today City. That's my weekend ruined with them c@nts winning as well.

I shall now get pissed on Bourbon to numb the pain...

already on the hennessy , after 40 odd years , i vowed after the events of 2012 , no matter what , this club would not drive me to drink again , should have known better

Whilst I think we were unlucky today regarding the goals, it was by far our worst performance & our first worrying one for me. West Ham & Juve we were the better side & 9 times out of 10 win those matches - today however the second half was so poor from an effort point of view, showed nothing. Everything just seems to be going against us currently, from injuries, to decisions, to wonder goals everyone seems to be able to put into the corner from 30 yards - that side of it hopefully has to turn around at some point, but there seemed a weird lack of effort to get back in the game today.

Negatives:
• Aguero needs to just start shooting, he's not in form & is still trying far to hard to create the perfect chance by dribbling past everyone - just start hitting a few shots!
• Kolarov is so lazy defending it's almost comical, you can accept it at times when we're playing well going forward, but he must be one of the worst defenders in the league in terms of defensive ability - an area we must improve next summer.
• We can't play such a high line with slow defenders, we looked in trouble all the time with balls over the top or any foot races even against average paced players. Demichelis for me has to be replaced by Denayer next season, no question.
• Someone needs to lead on the pitch when Kompany is not there, we fell to pieces far too easily & no one took charge.
• Caballero is not good enough, 2nd goal & a big turning point was on him, can't give such a cheap goal.
• We need to learn to defend set pieces, comical how dangerous teams look against us from dead ball situations.
• Yet more injuries; Yaya & Hart. Season has unraveled due to injuries for me, you can't bring in new players, and lose all your key players & expect to keep performing well as a team - we need Silva, Kompany, Hart & Yaya back, impossible to lose 80% of your spine whilst integrating new players & starting a new 11 each week.

Positives:
• Zabaleta, Kompany & Nasri back on bench.
• KdB once again looking our best player.
• Using up all the bad luck early in the season?

The key for me is the injuries, the constant chopping & changing makes it hard to find any rhythm, our defence went from 5 clean sheets to changing, to conceding lots of goals - Silva was pumping out assists & dictating the game, then gets injured & we struggle. If we get our players back within a week or 2 I still see us going on to win the title, if we have another 5-6 weeks of this rubbish injury crisis I think we'll be in massive trouble.

Don't think you could single out any performances today, each player was equally shit and our passing went to pot! Mental how we've lost to West Ham and Tottenham back to back I can't fathom where it's all gone wrong to be honest, it's crazy!

It's our mental fragility that is a worry. After a great start the defeat to juve seems to have knocked the stuffing out of us a bit.

When we go behind we don't look like coming back to win. I will find stats around this, and I could be wrong, but off the top of my head there aren't loss of examples (Sunderland away last year is one..)

Also, pellegrini spoke of the psychological importance of the equaliser today. We shouldn't be so weak that it has such an effect on us. Just before half time is a great time to score, but you would expect more mental strength from us.

Maybe we couldn't/can't handle being built up too much, and being the out and out favourites.

All that being said, when we get kompany and silva back, and aguero finds his form, I'm sure we will be back and firing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.