Spurs vs City post match

Honeymoon over, Kolarov has reverted to type the last 2 games.

The Fern's cannot play together we knew that last year.

I hate all this pissing about at the back.

Stones was superb.

Thank fuck the international break is here Pep needs some thinking time.

Oh and Rose is a nasty cheating shithouse.
Yeah, and even my pet dog knows we need new fullbacks, I hope pep does too :-)

We were beaten by the better team today. It was a brilliant game, both teams were well up for it, in the end Spurs deserved the win. You can just see that they're a bit further along in that building process with Pochettino having been there for 2 years.

Guardiola has brought us a long way in 12 games, further than any of us could possibly have anticipated this early but we have to keep perspective and understand it'll take time. Our players are still having to think where to run, when to time the run, where to pass etc. were as Spurs players have had 2 years to get used to how Pochettino wants them to play and their movements are instinctive now and that was the difference between two very good teams today. Well that and Kolarov being a fucking dozy **** for the second game in succession.

Zabaleta, Kolarov, Fernando and Navas just aren't quite good enough and at their age I don't see any of them improving significantly enough to justify a place in next seasons squad but we're on the right track and Guardiola knows what he's doing so lets just enjoy the ride.

Spurs played well and deserved their victory, but I was very disappointed with the gamesmanship, time wasting and niggley fouls they employed. Looks like they will be this year's Liverpool (along with Liverpool!)

It's annoying but at 2-0 up it's what needs to be done sometimes. Wish we would do it more often to kill off games when leading.

key to these games, which are always tight, is you just have to convert chances as they will be few.
We had enough chances- even one in the first few mins with Silva- we hit the post- Lorris made two fortunate saves with his legs- we had a free kick go very close- we did not take those chances and we did not win-
JuST MOVE ON KEEP MAKING CHANCES AND CONVERT- nowt won in October plenty of time and many twists and turns- keep the faith in the blue boys!!

Teams now know that we play from the back and if they press the back and at the same time put men on midfield to scrap the loose balls we will have less possession. They press and our touches and passes become poor.

key to these games, which are always tight, is you just have to convert chances as they will be few.
We had enough chances- even one in the first few mins with Silva- we hit the post- Lorris made two fortunate saves with his legs- we had a free kick go very close- we did not take those chances and we did not win-
JuST MOVE ON KEEP MAKING CHANCES AND CONVERT- nowt won in October plenty of time and many twists and turns- keep the faith in the blue boys!!

And stop making schoolboy errors would help

This result has been coming. Losing three goals to Celtic was a clue, we are flaky when teams attack us, and please can all stop using this "high press" nonsense. Teams were using this in sixties, it was called "closing down" then fed up of this modern talk.

We were beaten by the better team today. It was a brilliant game, both teams were well up for it, in the end Spurs deserved the win. You can just see that they're a bit further along in that building process with Pochettino having been there for 2 years.

Guardiola has brought us a long way in 12 games, further than any of us could possibly have anticipated this early but we have to keep perspective and understand it'll take time. Our players are still having to think where to run, when to time the run, where to pass etc. were as Spurs players have had 2 years to get used to how Pochettino wants them to play and their movements are instinctive now and that was the difference between two very good teams today. Well that and Kolarov being a fucking dozy **** for the second game in succession.

Zabaleta, Kolarov, Fernando and Navas just aren't quite good enough and at their age I don't see any of them improving significantly enough to justify a place in next seasons squad but we're on the right track and Guardiola knows what he's doing so lets just enjoy the ride.

i agree but what about this season...how do we get around those obvious problems of those 4 not being good enough this season. Its not as thought its actually ground breaking revelation as everyone knew that those 4 together would not be good enough...once the injuries, suspensions start hitting we all knew that we would drop down a level....Pep has to adapt to having players who cannot play his way...the big question is will he? like you said none of these players are going to get any better at what they need to get better at...so when we lose silva or KDB or fernandishnio especially and we are playing teams like liverpool spurs arsenal everton who will run their balls off and press like today ...how do we go about changing this cause if we don't there will be more performances and results like today and it will come down to these games who wins the league....are we to expect a season of transition or should we be expecting to win the league...genuine question as I really don't know what to expect from this season

own goal. rose staying on the pitch. aguero and others clipping parts of the keeper and bouncing kindly for them. the fa appointing mariner the ****.
City should have been one player down well before. Intentional hand ball is always a yellow

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.