Spurs Vs City pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any extra motivation was needed, the fourth placed English team might face the Champions of Denmark, Serbia, or Switzerland in the revised Champions League Play Off Round next August.
Not sure I’d fancy City against Basle, so let’s take Tottenham seriously.

Scaring Europe to Death said:
If any extra motivation was needed, the fourth placed English team might face the Champions of Denmark, Serbia, or Switzerland in the revised Champions League Play Off Round next August.

I have a feeling Spurs will want that 7th place now, I am not convinced they will want Europa League football when they can have a free run at the top 4 only playing 38 games plus wherever the FA and League Cup take them.

Liverpool and United have seriously benefited by finishing 7th in recent seasons.

If we beat Spurs I fancy us to win all the others.

sam-caddick said:

I have a feeling Spurs will want that 7th place now, I am not convinced they will want Europa League football when they can have a free run at the top 4 only playing 38 games plus wherever the FA and League Cup take them.

Liverpool and United have seriously benefited by finishing 7th in recent seasons.

I must admit to feeling more confident when thinking of all the potential benefits for Tottenham if they lose on Sunday.
And then I think of our attitude.............

sam-caddick said:

I must admit to feeling more confident when thinking of all the potential benefits for Tottenham if they lose on Sunday.
And then I think of our attitude.............

just don't think it happens that way, to be honest. I don't think that the eleven players go out there and reckon it as coldly and rationally as that, over the ninety minutes. Did Everton reason that way last season when they knew that by winning they might hand Liverpool the title? Did they fuck. They gave us a hell of a game. They give it their best shot. Expect Tottenham to do the same, if only for revenge. We will need to completely turn up this w/e, every last player. I'd settle for a point, and if we get three I'll be flying.

If Arse win the FA Cup then 7th in the league goes into Europa I think, so not only would Spurs need to finish 7th but they would then want Arse to win the FA Cup...

So long as we win, Sergio scores and Kane doesn't then we should all be happy.

Eds said:
If Arse win the FA Cup then 7th in the league goes into Europa I think, so not only would Spurs need to finish 7th but they would then want Arse to win the FA Cup...

So long as we win, Sergio scores and Kane doesn't then we should all be happy.

You could have stopped at "So long as we win"

PELLEGRINI: “Yaya is injured. I think he will be out at least one more week. It will be difficult for him to play v QPR.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.