Spurs Want Barry

de niro said:
adrianr said:
Citizen Jack said:
If Barry is first on the team sheet for league matches, then the champions league quality player who replaced him will be on the bench every week for league games. He needs to be pushed back if we want to improve

This is a disaster waiting to happen. In the CL you play your best team, and it won't be the best team if one of the main midfielders isn't being played every week because ofBarry.

He's a big lad and he's not stupid. He knows his performances this season weren't upto last and he knows he can't go on forever. If he choses to stay he knows it won't be as a first 11 choice like under Mancini, but he may still prefer that and winning trophies to being first choice at Spurs winning nothing.

I don't think we should underestimate the importance of keeping him around though. We can't replace all our English lads with imports (and that is a serious point, not some xenophobic throwaway).

I agree you do play your bat team in the CL. Sadly Mancini didn't agree, rotating in most games. Notably in Munich and Napoli away . Unforgivable

Bringing in Kolarov for Clichy against Lavezzi and Robben especially bizzare.

Grieffymcfcctid said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
Dont remeber us losing many when he fucks off each year to acon ? Maybe wrong though !barry has reached the end of the line for chimps league but should be first name on sheet for league matches .if he can stay fit rodwell for me over yaya ,think we one hell of a player on our hands.effort energy heading ability threat at set pieced all things yaya cant be arsed with
i disagree with you, i dont get why people think barry is good enough for us, he wouldn't get in bayerns, chelseas, uniteds, arsenals, madrids, dortmunds, milans, barcelonas teams so why is he good enough for us ? he is too slow in my opinion and when we play against teams that play that fast counter attacking football he struggles and with rodwell he isn't good enough in my opinion, people have just got giddy because he scored 2 goals against norwich, he could be a very useful player for us though but definitely not a starter but we all have opinions:)

If healthy, Rodwell can be our best midfielder within a year or two. He has it all.<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:06 pm --<br /><br />
Thenumber1blue said:
malg said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
Thats what football is all abou opinions ! Out of interest what does yaya give us that a fully fit rodwell doesnt ? Think most things listed about rodwell are all lacking in yayas game and being young hes still learning the game , you can label over enthusiaim at him thats something you couldnt ever say about yaya
What does yaya give us that rodwell doesn't? Words fail me.........
Jesus Christ me too,that really is a classic !

Out of curiosity...who has see a fully fit Rodwell (that is what the poster actually said).

You are right we have yet to see a fuly fit rodwell but what we have seen is a player with enormous pretental who has been pretty much m.o.m in the few games hes played .imo we have a cracking player on our hands and the chairman said as much as well.i think his reaction to bresking down at villa tells us all we need to know about him.

Barry was one of our best three players in our title winning season. He was David Silva's choice for POTS. Hats off to Gareth, he will go doen in history as one of the most important men in our club's history - since we've only won three titles and he was instrumental in us winning one of them. However, last season he didn't play well from Villa at home around October/November to Newcastle at home in April and had some appalling games in that run, especially in January. There were people moaning, constantly, about Javi García but he was consistently better than Barry for a while over that poor period he had.

He's never played we'll for us in the CL neither.

For me I'd like him to stay as a squad player but if he wanted to leave to play somewhere else I would be happy to let him go as he deserves to get what he wants for the rest of his career and he'd get a big clap from me when he returned to play against us. We got some great mileage out of Barry over his time with us but his time as first choice is up. So I suppose it's up to him what he wants from the rest of his career.

-- Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:54 pm --

mrtwiceaseason said:
You are right we have yet to see a fuly fit rodwell but what we have seen is a player with enormous pretental who has been pretty much m.o.m in the few games hes played .imo we have a cracking player on our hands and the chairman said as much as well.i think his reaction to bresking down at villa tells us all we need to know about him.
Last season Rodwell was MOTM against Chelsea at home and Norwich at home and even though he played a hell of a lot more games Yaya didn't reach that level of performance once all season. I was very very disappointed with our first choice central midfield of Barry and Yaya last season.

I would only let Barry go if he wanted to leave for more first team football, with yaya, rodwell, fernandinho and javi he may want to leave but in my opinion he is a very useful player and is probably the leagues most underrated player.

dachoosen1 said:
I would only let Barry go if he wanted to leave for more first team football, with yaya, rodwell, fernandinho and javi he may want to leave but in my opinion he is a very useful player and is probably the leagues most underrated player.

I agree with this post.

Mancini liked him (for good reason) but there is nothing to say that Pellegrini will feel the same.

Really great servant to City and totally underated (sadly also amongst some City fans).

bodak said:
dachoosen1 said:

I agree with this post.

Mancini liked him (for good reason) but there is nothing to say that Pellegrini will feel the same.

Really great servant to City and totally underated (sadly also amongst some City fans).
I'm with you both on this one, I think Barry has been vital in getting us to the position we are as a consistent top 4 team, he may not be a regular next season, but can still do a job, and can be a role model for Rodwell and some of the younger players in the EDS and academy (particularly the English ones, it's important they have someone they can look up to as an English player who has made it) I would say he could make a useful coach at some point too

[quote="pedis ya ya going,to be another whipping boy,i give up !sorano(spelling)txixi and khaldoon,think he is worth another 4 years but some city fans would drop him !good job this is the net and not the pub .[/quote]

yaya is no whipping boy ffs, he just didn't have his best season, he was inconsistent and at times mard as fuck. I thought in a couple of games he was deliberately trying to get sent off. how much of that was anger at mancini we don't know. Barry for one had a better season than him. he is vital to our team and a beast of a player, I expect him to show it next season.

de niro said:
[quote="pedis ya ya going,to be another whipping boy,i give up !sorano(spelling)txixi and khaldoon,think he is worth another 4 years but some city fans would drop him !good job this is the net and not the pub .

yaya is no whipping boy ffs, he just didn't have his best season, he was inconsistent and at times mard as fuck. I thought in a couple of games he was deliberately trying to get sent off. how much of that was anger at mancini we don't know. Barry for one had a better season than him. he is vital to our team and a beast of a player, I expect him to show it next season.[/quote]

I'm with you on this Bill and believe that Barry is still an important player for the team. It amazes me how that Fuckwit Hodgson continues to over look him for the England team its a joke. The club has to extend his contract its a no brainer, he is the only midfielder that if you're life depending on he would be the one that you chose.

Mike D said:
de niro said:
[quote="pedis ya ya going,to be another whipping boy,i give up !sorano(spelling)txixi and khaldoon,think he is worth another 4 years but some city fans would drop him !good job this is the net and not the pub .

yaya is no whipping boy ffs, he just didn't have his best season, he was inconsistent and at times mard as fuck. I thought in a couple of games he was deliberately trying to get sent off. how much of that was anger at mancini we don't know. Barry for one had a better season than him. he is vital to our team and a beast of a player, I expect him to show it next season.

I'm with you on this Bill and believe that Barry is still an important player for the team. It amazes me how that Fuckwit Hodgson continues to over look him for the England team its a joke. The club has to extend his contract its a no brainer, he is the only midfielder that if you're life depending on he would be the one that you chose.[/quote]

we have to accept his age, he wont play every game at that level, he does though offer a brilliant attitude and can lead by example. yaya is the better player, younger too, but could still learn from gaz baz.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.