Spurs Want Barry

MadchesterCity said:
Would be great signing for them, deal Barry, Garcia, Sinclair, Kolarov, Tevez and Lescott for Bale

OK, and who are the three English players we will buy to replace Barry, Sinclair and Lescott so we meet the "8 English players in your 25 man squad" rule? And which 3 non-English players do we sell to facilitate those 3 English players?

LoveCity said:
Interesting, the Express is also reporting it (they say £4m, The Sun says £3.5m) so they must have gotten their info from the same place.

To get more for Barry, aged 32 and clearly on the slide, than we did for De Jong would be pretty good business-wise but on a sentimental side would be quite sad as he's been a really good performer for us.

It is baffling that Spurs will consider a bid for him but it would be a good move for us and Barry as he is a boyhood Spurs fan.

LoveCity said:
Interesting, the Express is also reporting it (they say £4m, The Sun says £3.5m) so they must have gotten their info from the same place.

To get more for Barry, aged 32 and clearly on the slide, than we did for De Jong would be pretty good business-wise but on a sentimental side would be quite sad as he's been a really good performer for us.

I thought we got double that for Nigel?

Either way, don't think we should sell Barry, and to let him go to Spurs for only £4m would be a huge mistake.

I love Barry and I am grateful for the service he has given City, but I would be considering selling him now and bringing in a younger upgrade.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:32 pm --<br /><br />
yankblue said:
LoveCity said:

I thought we got double that for Nigel?

Either way, don't think we should sell Barry, and to let him go to Spurs for only £4m would be a huge mistake.

He only has one year left though, plus he is 32.

£5m is about right.

Barry To Spurs - £4m

Replacing Scott Parker according to Daily Express. Not posting a link because (a) it's probably bollocks and (b) I fucking hate that paper. Article popped up on NewsNow.

Falastur said:
MadchesterCity said:
Would be great signing for them, deal Barry, Garcia, Sinclair, Kolarov, Tevez and Lescott for Bale

OK, and who are the three English players we will buy to replace Barry, Sinclair and Lescott so we meet the "8 English players in your 25 man squad" rule? And which 3 non-English players do we sell to facilitate those 3 English players?

Not to be picky but if we replaced barry sinclair and lescott with three english players why would we need to let 3 non-english players go?...

who would you replace him with? wilshere? there is very english little talent out there

Why do we need to replace him with English? If Barry, Lescott and Sinclair left - Wright, Hart, Richards, Clichy, Milner, Rodwell, Guidetti all count as home grown. That's 7 of 8 so we'd just have to submit a 24-man squad instead of a 25-man squad (we submitted a 23-man squad the first year these rules came into play). Or keep Boyata/Nimely (one of) and we can send a full list.

Wouldn't want to sell to them still feel Barry is an important squad player for us. Sell him in 2015 to NYCFC for £40Mill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.