Spurs Want Barry

Blue Haze said:
This one is easy. Sell. We can replace him with a lower salaried, younger player.

This is the thing with me, don't ge me wrong what Barry has given City has been great and at times he has been Mr. Reliable, but there are younger players out there who can be an improvement on him and will serve us better in the long-term.

Barry, rodwell, toure, Garcia and fernandinho. That's a lot of defensive mids for a team that's being transformed to tiki taka footy.
Can't see selling Garcia, could be cover at cb
Toure, contract extension
Rodwell, obviously a future piece if khaldoon was so proud of him
Fernandinho, obviously just bought for a tidy sum.
That leaves Barry out unless he's gonna play cap cup games and move to mls next year.

4 mil and wages off. I'd take it tbf

blightee said:
who would you replace him with? wilshere? there is very english little talent out there

Very little chance of him leaving arsenal but if there was i'd love us to sign him.

Another option is to sign an english player in a different position because were not exactly short at CM. If we let kolarov go we could bring in luke shaw from Southampton. Good full back, english, would be happy with a squad role for now and great potential for the future.

Sleeping_Easy said:
blightee said:
who would you replace him with? wilshere? there is very english little talent out there

Very little chance of him leaving arsenal but if there was i'd love us to sign him.

Another option is to sign an english player in a different position because were not exactly short at CM. If we let kolarov go we could bring in luke shaw from Southampton. Good full back, english, would be happy with a squad role for now and great potential for the future.

Even if City sell Barry, they currently have enough players to fill the "homegrown" requirement. Hart, Wright, Richards, Lescott, Rodwell, Milner, Sinclair, Clichy.

Re: Barry To Spurs - £4m

£4M Isn't that a 3rd of what we paid for him ? Would be sad to see him go he's been a top pro and almost invaluable at times, but he is getting on and in the last year of his contract, if it's true I could see why the club would be considering it.

LoveCity said:
Interesting, the Express is also reporting it (they say £4m, The Sun says £3.5m) so they must have gotten their info from the same place.
LoveCity said:
To get more for Barry, aged 32 and clearly on the slide, than we did for De Jong would be pretty good business-wise but on a sentimental side would be quite sad as he's been a really good performer for us.

Must of been drinking in the same pub

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.