Squad rotation for the run in.

In hindsight the resting of players against Leeds appeared to play a major part in our success last night, the players looked fresh and full of energy and Dortmund couldn't cope in the 2nd half.
But now we have 6 weeks that could see us remembered as the most successful team ever or it could go tits up and end as a damp squib and the games are coming thick and fast.

I don't see how we can field heavily rotated team in the FA cup semi or the League cup final and we have to be at full strength for PSG home and away. So that leaves us with Villa and Palace in the league before the return leg against PSG. I just worry that with the lead gained in the league so far Pep may feel these are the games to rotate.

So my question is which of the next 6 games would you rest players in?
I don't mind if Pep rotates 7 or more players again in FA cup semi.

Well by my maths we could play another 12 games.
People have to remember that's a lot, equivalent to nearly a third of a standard prem season.
Its unrelialistic to think all the bug guns will start in all of the games.

You would think the way the games have fallen
With probably our strongest 11 out last night does that mean changes Saturday with our strongest 11 back for villa. Changes again in the cup final ready for our strongest 11 for psg. So given our main players a week rest between games
Are you kidding me? Possibly drop two domestic cups on two weekends so that our best team is playing mid week against Villa?

Thank god Pep is in charge and none of the pessimists on here ...

He rested everyone against Leeds because he was going to play them in the next two (Dortmund and Chelsea) ... he’ll then drop them all and expect a team like Leeds one against Villa ... and then these all be back for next two (Spurs and PSG) ... and then a heavily rotated team against Palace.

It is okay to drop points against Villa or Palace ... it is not ok to lose in any of the other four games ...

Maybe not 6-7 like in the Leeds game but 3-4. As a clear ”first 11” is starting to take place, only doubt feels like Zin or Cancelo, I think we should try to use it as much as possible. The difference in form is huge between some of the players.
The core team is 14 or 15 players. The team from Wednesday + Fern, Cancelo, Gabby Jesus, Laporte. Maybe Sterling.

FA Cup - Strong team (Maybe a couple changes, Steffan, Laporte, Cancelo, maybe Jesus and Sterling)

League Cup - Strongest team (we have to win it now)

Champions League - Strongest team

League - Rotate (hopefully strong enough to win, the side we put out was good enough to beat Leeds and our next 2 are against sides lower than Leeds), try and maintain a 6 point lead if possible. Strongest team if we lose again.

This week we have to prioritise the cups.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? Possibly drop two domestic cups on two weekends so that our best team is playing mid week against Villa?

He rested everyone against Leeds because he was going to play them in the next two (Dortmund and Chelsea) ... he’ll then drop them all and expect a team like Leeds one against Villa ... and then these all be back for next two (Spurs and PSG) ... and then a heavily rotated team against Palace.

It is okay to drop points against Villa or Palace ... it is not ok to lose in any of the other four games .

It is okay to drop points against Villa or Palace ... it is not ok to lose in any of the other four games ...
I was asking a question
Not making a statement of what should happen
Maybe I should of used a question mark

mendy,cancelo,laporte,dinho,sterling,jesus in.

walker,zinchnko,stones,gundo,kdb,mahrez out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.