Arsenal?

1062973_Arsenal.jpg

Few players I couldn't get into starting 11's

Chamberlain
Miyaichi
Gnabry
Diaby
Campbell

Cheers pal still think we are alot stronger than both but I am a tad biased.

We certainly look the strongest 22 on paper, but games aren't won on paper.

It could be argued that Arsenal and Chelsea have a stronger first 11, but looking at it I think we now have the strength to out-muscle Chelsea as-well as outplay Arsenal

Disagree with Arsenal. They have no balance. No true defensive midfielder in their squad. Their FB's can't defend. There is a reason they get mauled year after year by the top teams.

IMO this seasons champ is going to depend on how their WC players do and how the new players fit in. Chelsea has made a lot of changes and many of their WC players didn't play well. A good start to the season will be important but also what eam doesn't falter down the stretch due to key players being overplayed. Think this gives us an advantage. With the players we have brought in we can give Yaya a spell that we have never been able to give him before. With Dzeko and Jovetic we can get by without Aguero like we did last year and believe that Jovetic can spell Silva as well. Have good depth at CH with Mangala, MDM, Rekik and Nasty and Sagna can finally give Zab a rest and not lose too much. Other teams have depth but not in the key positions like we have this year. No other club in the EPL has the 4 strikers we have. That can fill in for each other and score goals. If Costa doesn't score goals they don't have any alternative. Same with Arsenal and Liverpool, unless they sign someone.

Don't get why people seem to think Chelsea's first team is better than ours let alone their squad!

Hart v Cech
Zabaleta v Ivanovic - No Contest.
Kompany v Terry - Best in the business
Demichelis v Cahill - I would actually prefer Demichelis because he is a better footballer, but i would call it a draw.
Kolarov v Luis - Rate Luis very highly
Fernandinho v Matic - More ability, more mobile. Better player.
Yaya v Fabregas - No Brainer.
Nasri v Oscar - Nasri is much better. Can't say i rate Oscar that much. Hit and miss.
Silva v Hazard - I personally prefer Silva, but i would go draw as Hazard is also brilliant.
Jovetic v Willian - Draw. Both very talented players.
Aguero v Diego Costa - Need i say anymore?

Caballero v Courtois - Top keeper tbf
Sagna v Van Ginkel - No Contest.
Clichy v Azpilicueta- Draw. Azpilicueta not a natural left back and Clichy needs to improve form.
Mangala v Ake- No Brainer, considering we get Mangala signed up
Nastasic v Zouma - More advanced and experienced currently.
Fernando v Mikel- No Brainer. Mikel is dog shit.
Lampard v Ramires - Draw. Although Lampard is old, he was still a key player for Chelsea and has more to his game than Ramires.
Navas v Salah - Navas at this stage more advanced in the prem. Had a superb pre season.
Milner v Schurrle - Although good for Germany in patches, looked shit for Chelsea last season and never really rated him. Average at best for me.
Negredo v Drogba- No Brainer. Drogba looked like he was turning in treacle at the WC. A lot slower now.
Dzeko v Torres - Torres is awful, Dzeko is crucial. Simple as that really.

I believe not only our first team, but our squad is better. The one thing we do lack is an out and out left winger like Di Maria. Would have been ideal, then our squad would have been insane.

Re: Squad strength picture

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
1062958_Chelsea.jpg

28i9du1.jpg

Arsenal?

1062973_Arsenal.jpg

Few players I couldn't get into starting 11's

Chamberlain
Miyaichi
Gnabry
Diaby
Campbell

Cheers pal still think we are alot stronger than both but I am a tad biased.

We certainly look the strongest 22 on paper, but games aren't won on paper.

It could be argued that Arsenal and Chelsea have a stronger first 11, but looking at it I think we now have the strength to out-muscle Chelsea as-well as outplay Arsenal

Don't be silly, Arsenal's first 11 is nowhere near ours. They have absolutely no spine. Shit strikers, lack a strong centre mid and a commanding CB. City have all of them.

citizens_1976 said:
Don't get why people seem to think Chelsea's first team is better than ours let alone their squad!

Hart v Cech
Demichelis v Cahill - I would actually prefer Demichelis because he is a better footballer, but i would call it a draw.
Nasri v Oscar - Nasri is much better. Can't say i rate Oscar that much. Hit and miss.
Silva v Hazard - I personally prefer Silva, but i would go draw as Hazard is also brilliant.

Clichy v Azpilicueta- Draw. Azpilicueta not a natural left back and Clichy needs to improve form.
Lampard v Ramires - Draw. Although Lampard is old, he was still a key player for Chelsea and has more to his game than Ramires.
Navas v Salah - Navas at this stage more advanced in the prem. Had a superb pre season.
Milner v Schurrle - Although good for Germany in patches, looked shit for Chelsea last season and never really rated him. Average at best for me.
Negredo v Drogba- No Brainer. Drogba looked like he was turning in treacle at the WC. A lot slower now.

I believe not only our first team, but our squad is better. The one thing we do lack is an out and out left winger like Di Maria. Would have been ideal, then our squad would have been insane.

1- Coutouis will be their 1st choice. I'd take him over Joe unfortunately
2- I agree Zab over Ivanovic but its not a 'no contest'
3- I'd take Cahill over MDM. But would have Mangala in for MDM anyway.
4- I also think Luis is great. Shame he went to Chelsea
5- Milner/Schurrle is a draw in my opinion. Prefer Milner if we're playing with the lead, prefer Schurrle if we needed a goal
6- Negredo/Drogba is also a draw for me. Hard one to call with one being injured and the other as old as he is
7- Agree with Dzeko over Torres. Im not the biggest Dzeko fan in the world but he's hands down a better striker than Torres.
8- DiMaria is more of a right winger isn't he? Ronaldo almost always plays on the left for Madrid, and they were playing Bale on the right, and playing DiMaria more in the middle of the park, and not in that true winger role (at least in the end of season Madrid matches that I saw, CL final etc.) But I'm sure DiMaria could play effectively on the left. One of the most underrated players in the world in my opinion. heard he was going to Paris St-G.

ElanJo said:
City/Chelsea team

---Hazard------Aguero---------Silva

-------------Yaya-------Fabregas

--------------------Matic------

Kolarov---Terry-------Kompany---Zabaleta

-------------------Courtious

Mangala may take Terry's spot and Luis may take Kolarov's spot but the rest pretty much picks itself.
Chose Kolarov for his attacking ability. Would need to see more of Luis to see if he's anywhere near in that regard. I've no doubt he's a better defender but then so is Azpilicueta. Top teams attack!

I fail to see how Matic makes it into a combined city/chelsea team when he only made it into the chelsea side 17 times last season.

cheddar404 said:
I fail to see how Matic makes it into a combined city/chelsea team when he only made it into the chelsea side 17 times last season.

That's because he joined them in January lol.

citizens_1976 said:

Hart v Cech

Just looking at the first teams, I would go with this:

Courtois vs Hart
Azpilicueta vs Zabaleta <- No preference
Terry vs Kompany
Cahill vs Demichellis/Mangala <- Not sure, because idk how good Mangala is. I'd take Cahill over Demichellis though.
Luis vs Kolarov
Matic vs Fernandinho <- Pretty equal
Fabregas vs Toure <-Different, but both top class
Schurrle vs Silva
Oscar vs Jovetic
Hazard vs Nasri
Costa vs Aguero

3 clear choices from either side and then 5 too close to call.

I'd say the rest of your squad is slightly stronger. The reason I would make them favorites for the league is because they only finished 4 points behind last season but have improved a lot this summer. The difference is that they'll hammer the teams in the middle and bottom of the table, And Jose, as he showed last season, knows how to win the big matches.

Hart Courtois - One of the best keepers in the world.
Zabaleta Ivanovic - Best right back in the league, by a distance.
Kompany Terry - Best in the world.
Mangala Cahill - More Premier League experience
Kolarov Luis - Top quality left back, more defensively competent.
Fernandinho Matic - Draw, found it difficult to separate these two.
Yaya Fabregas - Probably the best in the league, although Fabregas isn't that far behind.
Silva Hazard - Just edges it.
Nasri Oscar - Ditto.
Jovetic Willian - Gone for this due to Jovetic's constant injury problems, both quality.
Aguero Costa - Costa has only had 1 good season, Kun's been doing it for 4/5 years now.

Caballero Cech - Caballero is a fantastic goalie, but nothing on Cech.
Sagna Chalobah - No contest, Chalobah isn't even a full back.
Demichelis Ake - Experience and proven quality.
Nastasic Zouma - Nasty just edges it due to experience, Zouma has a lot of potential.
Clichy Azpilicueta - Great player, was fantastic last season.
Fernando Mikel - By far, Mikel is terrible.
Lampard Ramires - Due to Lampard's age.
Navas Schurrle - Draw. Both inconsistent but are very productive and fantastic on their day.
Milner Salah - Salah for technical ability and potential, Milner for consistency, versatility, experience and hard work.
Negredo Drogba - Due to Drogba's age.
Dzeko Torres - Dzeko can still score goals, and plenty of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.