Squeeze

Yes, very much so. Beatles, The Jam and a few others very good at that.
Some of Rod Stewarts early songs had that quality, non moreso tham Maggie May imo, Leo Sayer's Moonlighting is another. The difference with Squeeze is near enough all their hits told a story, as I said earlier in the thread I only really appreciated their musicianship once I'd seen/heard them live, prior to that it was the lyrics I'd latched on to, best gig I've been to in years.

Some of Rod Stewarts early songs had that quality, non moreso tham Maggie May imo, Leo Sayer's Moonlighting is another. The difference with Squeeze is near enough all their hits told a story, as I said earlier in the thread I only really appreciated their musicianship once I'd seen/heard them live, prior to that it was the lyrics I'd latched on to, best gig I've been to in years.
Maggie May is very emotive yes. You could make a case for so many songs that paint a picture over the years,but I think The Kinks had em by the bucketload.

Maggie May is very emotive yes. You could make a case for so many songs that paint a picture over the years,but I think The Kinks had em by the bucketload.
The Kinks had a number of contemporary artists who wrote songs with interesting lyrics - including the Beatles.
Squeeze were from a different era where songs with a story, went out of fashion.
Saw them 18 months ago at a festival near Sunderland. It pissed down, but they were brilliant.
Didn't realise how their tunes varied so much - but each told a real tale.
Going to see them in Stockton next month and am so glad they're giving a new audience do much enjoyment.
Top 3 songs are Hourglass, Tempted, & Take Me I'm Yours - but not many duds...

The Kinks had a number of contemporary artists who wrote songs with interesting lyrics - including the Beatles.
Squeeze were from a different era where songs with a story, went out of fashion.
Saw them 18 months ago at a festival near Sunderland. It pissed down, but they were brilliant.
Didn't realise how their tunes varied so much - but each told a real tale.
Going to see them in Stockton next month and am so glad they're giving a new audience do much enjoyment.
Top 3 songs are Hourglass, Tempted, & Take Me I'm Yours - but not many duds...
Not sure you seen my earlier post, but I likened them to the kinks n Beatles in that they painted a picture with their music and that's why I like them. If "writing songs went out of fashion" when these started then they definitely bucked the trend. I love UP the junction, Labelled with love, Tempted and Cool for cats, all songs I grew up with.

Not sure you seen my earlier post, but I likened them to the kinks n Beatles in that they painted a picture with their music and that's why I like them. If "writing songs went out of fashion" when these started then they definitely bucked the trend. I love UP the junction, Labelled with love, Tempted and Cool for cats, all songs I grew up with.
Me and my daughter have sang Cool for Cats at the local red neck karaoke bar a couple of times to much amusement from the locals who I can see are reading the lyrics and haven’t a clue what they mean

Me and my daughter have sang Cool for Cats at the local red neck karaoke bar a couple of times to much amusement from the locals who I can see are reading the lyrics and haven’t a clue what they mean
Cool for Cats and Tempted seem to crop up most in many people’s favourites.
Amazing that every other song is Glen pretty much on his own!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.