SSN: Game Called OFF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
from uniteds website:

United's Carling Cup semi-final first leg against Manchester City has been postponed.

The Reds were due at Eastlands on Wednesday night, but heavy snow in the north west means the game has been rearranged to Tuesday 19 January.

The second leg, originally scheduled for Tuesday 19 January at Old Trafford, will now take place on Wednesday 27 January. As a result of this, the Barclays Premier League home game against Hull City (scheduled for 26 January) has been postponed. A new date for this fixture has yet to be decided.

Re: ssn - Game Called OFF (MERGED)

Project said:
bluesmith said:
Because i've got a holdiay booked for then! Its also the week of FA Cup 4th round replays.

Given United are not in the FA Cup, and we have Scunthorpe away, i'd have thought they'd take the risk. As it stands, both our game with Stoke and their game with Hull have to be rescheduled.

Yet another game in hand

might be a blessing, not very happy about utd not having a game for 10 days before the second leg as they are out of the fa cup, but they have got arsenal away on the sunday after so i cant see him risking anybody as arsenal will be in front of them in the league by then

frannyleesbogroll said:
FFS couple of inches of snow and the health and safety tossers spoil it for all lot of fans will be out of pocket sometimes it is too easy to postpone snow in stoke but there game is on wonder if it is a rag influence cos half the twats have to get up from down south wouldnt suprise me vidic injured as well..............

Wouldnt worry about Vidic
He will be in Madrid by then, and after getting a brochure from Sol Campbell, he will be his replacement

THIS is typical City ! Just when things were starting to look good our first semi in 30 years matched by worst weather in same period - fixture pile up etc season fooked;)

Its definately off. It was obvious this was going to happen, there has been going on 12 inchs of snow here since 6pm last night, still snowing heavily with the same forcast for tommorow. At the end of the day the pitch will be playable, the inside of th stadium will be ready but the side roads and pavements around the ground will be a complete death trap, you cant blame the council there is no grit available even if there was they would have the man power and its the worst weather in living memory.

I dont see what peoples problem is this is a big benefit for us as we have only one fully fit available first choice defender and we dont have the backlash from scums disgraceful humiliation over the weekend. We have time to get out injuries back and most of the transfer window to sign reinforcements and get them bedded in.

PLus this will presumably cause fixture congestion for scum with the champions league ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.