SSN outside the com

simon23 said:
i said this yesterday and got slated but i just dont think he is what we need at present and for the reported price (if correct) then arsenal and wenger will get someone better.

he improves our team but not greatly.....

a forward line of rsc, adebeyour, bellamy and boj is ok (not including robbie as im not sure where the hell he will play this year)

but i will say now that adebeyour in our team will not score more than 10-12 goals next season....an ok return but not for that amount of money.

I think this overall is a very average signing

i can see why you got slated but thats your opinion imo he's in the top 5 strikers in the prem atm

simon23 said:
i said this yesterday and got slated but i just dont think he is what we need at present and for the reported price (if correct) then arsenal and wenger will get someone better.

a forward line of rsc, adebeyour, bellamy and boj is ok (not including robbie as im not sure where the hell he will play this year)

but i will say now that adebeyour in our team will not score more than 10-12 goals next season....an ok return but not for that amount of money.

agree with this ^^ not convinced by adebayor hope i'm wrong!!

kiam06 said:
I remember him destroying us the season before last, he is a quality Premiership player. Our aim is to improve, is he better than Benjani, Vassell and Sturridge???

The answer is yes get him in!!!

You're right mate. I remember he was class in that game and had a great touch all game. I think that was the game where the Studge was up front on his own. I know it's not fair to compare but they were miles apart in class

I think this will be a quality signing and all depends upon whether MH can get the best out of him. On his day EA is one of the best forwards in the premiership, bar none! He will offer us something very few others players can, unpredictability i.e. opposing defenders will not know what to expect from.....hopefully this unpredictibility wont be that he only performs 1 game in 10.

Lets not forget one other important major factor in this deal and one of the reasons why i think this transfer is being pushed throigh now, even tohugh we have a target man in RCS.

EA is African! Our new owners are looking to get a foothold in the growing african support market, a relative untapped area that will BOOM when the world cup is over. We will have one of the best African forwards in the game (sadly we wont have Eto) and the transfer fee and wages may be paid by the volume of shirts and merchandise sold in Africa.

Paramount however is that he scoals 20+ goals for us next season (if he signs) that i think he will easily achieve.

My view: Great signing and will partner RSC, Tevez, Boj, or as a lone striker.

Cannot believe anyone thinks this is not a good signing. Think some fans have overhyped expecations of who we should be signing.....just sit back and watch our club slowly grow into a super power in the football world. Key word....slowly, great things take time to grow.

CITYROBBO said:
simon23 said:

Scored 34 Premiership goals over the last 2 seasons. Without checking the records, I would be surprised if you'll find anyone apart from Ronaldo and Torres who has bettered that. Adebayor can improve as well. He was unsettled last season.

Marvin said:
CITYROBBO said:
simon23 said:

Scored 34 Premiership goals over the last 2 seasons. Without checking the records, I would be surprised if you'll find anyone apart from Ronaldo and Torres who has bettered that. Adebayor can improve as well. He was unsettled last season.

I look forward to you eating a big slice of humble pie.

:)

I still can't beleive there are some blues on here turning their noses up at the prospect, on form he is one of the best strikers in the prem, it's pretty obvious he was not happy at Arsenal, what better incentive for him to get back on form playing for the next big thing in world football

Marvin said:
CITYROBBO said:
simon23 said:

Maybe Anelka? but i agree he is definitely in the top 5 prem strikers and for me a very good signing!

I am not convinced either and also got slated !

At the end of the day he has had one excellent season in his career, if you look on the Arsenal forums all their fans want rid. Wenger doesnt get rid of decent players in their prime ! Last season meh considering the team he is in.

He is better than what we have though, better than RSC certainly better than Benjani, Evans etc. So its a step in the right direction and £20 million does not sound too bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.