SSN Right Now - Balo Charged By FA - Now inc Peter Crouch!!

Re: SSN Right Now - Balo Charged By FA

Finally good to see the FA get one right.

As far as whether or not Webb saw it, you can only go off what he says. He said he didn't see it and that's that. Be pissed if you like, but what more can the FA do? Say, "no Webb, we are going to throw out your statement and conclude that you did see it" and not ban Balotelli as a result? Of course not.

Now, the more important issue, of whether or not he deserves to be banned. Obviously, this revolves around whether or not the stamp was intentional. Despite being a Spurs supporter, this is an issue I like to think I can consider in a completely unbiased way for the simple fact that, regardless of the color of the jerseys, if you had replaced Balotelli with any other player on any other team in the league (same with Parker) I would still be calling for a harsh ban on what was a clearly intentional stamp. It truly amazes me how some can watch all of the angles and conclude that his leg was in the natural motion of reclaiming his balance. I simply do not see it this way. The lad is falling forward, yet his leg extends to the side and back. It was intentional. It was dirty. And there is no place for it at any level, in any league. We could easily be talking this morning about permanent serious damage that Parker received as a result of Balotelli's intentional action.

I said in the pre-match that the last thing I wanted was for a refereeing decisions to decide the match. I wouldn't say that is exactly what happened, but a missed call by Webb has clearly influenced the final result. Perhaps you feel justice was served if you believe City deserved the three points (personally, I think a draw would have better reflected the way the match went) and fair enough. Plenty of decisions have gone against you lot this season. For me, though, it is impossible not be upset at the way things turned out. Players con the referee all the time with dives, etc. But Balotelli did so by violently lashing out at another player. That pill is much harder to swallow.

Anywho. Great second half. We probably should have nipped all 3 points, but I guess to a certain extent we are still the same old Spurs. Either way, certainly the excitement level we all hoped for and an entertaining match until the end.

Hopefully the next time we play the headlines won't be dominated by the unacceptable behavior of a single player, but by the well-played, hard-fought battle between two of the league's top teams.

LedleyKing said:

As far as whether or not Webb saw it, you can only go off what he says. He said he didn't see it and that's that. Be pissed if you like, but what more can the FA do? Say, "no Webb, we are going to throw out your statement and conclude that you did see it" and not ban Balotelli as a result? Of course not.

Now, the more important issue, of whether or not he deserves to be banned. Obviously, this revolves around whether or not the stamp was intentional. Despite being a Spurs supporter, this is an issue I like to think I can consider in a completely unbiased way for the simple fact that, regardless of the color of the jerseys, if you had replaced Balotelli with any other player on any other team in the league (same with Parker) I would still be calling for a harsh ban on what was a clearly intentional stamp. It truly amazes me how some can watch all of the angles and conclude that his leg was in the natural motion of reclaiming his balance. I simply do not see it this way. The lad is falling forward, yet his leg extends to the side and back. It was intentional. It was dirty. And there is no place for it at any level, in any league. We could easily be talking this morning about permanent serious damage that Parker received as a result of Balotelli's intentional action.

I said in the pre-match that the last thing I wanted was for a refereeing decisions to decide the match. I wouldn't say that is exactly what happened, but a missed call by Webb has clearly influenced the final result. Perhaps you feel justice was served if you believe City deserved the three points (personally, I think a draw would have better reflected the way the match went) and fair enough. Plenty of decisions have gone against you lot this season. For me, though, it is impossible not be upset at the way things turned out. Players con the referee all the time with dives, etc. But Balotelli did so by violently lashing out at another player. That pill is much harder to swallow.

Anywho. Great second half. We probably should have nipped all 3 points, but I guess to a certain extent we are still the same old Spurs. Either way, certainly the excitement level we all hoped for and an entertaining match until the end.

Hopefully the next time we play the headlines won't be dominated by the unacceptable behavior of a single player, but by the well-played, hard-fought battle between two of the league's top teams.
Thanks for the 3 points, Ledley King.

I started a thread about Redknapp saying that 'he's done this before' and thought it was strange that he used the same language that Ferguson used about Kompany - both knowing that they were stirring up the press (don't know what happened to that thread, as I can't find it).

Well, apart from what Balotelli's done, he's been fucking pilloried today in the press, and Redknapp's shite comments didn't help either. Therefore, I agree with the poster above who said recall Adebayor, and fuck the cunts right up. I don't mind Redknapp saying he thought it was a red, as he's within his rights there, but to say 'he's done it before' was bang out of order. So, give Adebayor back you **** and then let's see how you get on.

And as for those on here slagging Balotelli - well done you. I absolutely fucking hate our fans when they slate our own. It's bad enough the whole of fucking England lining up to slate him (24hr fucking coverage on Talkshite) - but when our own start then it's a bit too much.

TCIB said:
scousemanc said:
TCIB said:
Could we do with now being reduced to just two recognized strikers, one of which is having a bad spell. ?

Dzeko is a top quality striker who scored against wigan and had a bad game on sunday. How many teams in the premiership would turn down a front 2 of Dzeko and Aguero?

Yes he scored the winner his first goal in 11 if memory serves. He looks of the pace for whatever reason and showed no sign of getting his game back on sunday.
I am sure Dzeko will come good again but we simply can't rely on goals of him just at the minute.

One niggly injury and thats us down to one. With the added consiquence of then having to shake up the tactics we employ against teams. Which is not ideal if the players have not trained much for it.

It is not the end of the world but is not ideal either is it.

You're a happy soul aren't you! (Mental note not to invite you to one of my parties). In case you need reminding, Dzeko and Aguero have scored 25 goals between them in the premiership. Relax and enjoy the best season in living memory!

LedleyKing said:

But your namesake should get away with a last-man, two footed scissor challenge?

The hypocrisy is hilarious.

blink922 said:
LedleyKing said:

But your namesake should get away with a last-man, two footed scissor challenge?

The hypocrisy is hilarious.

Sorry, but you'll have to show me where I said the tackle by King was not a penalty?

LedleyKing said:

Guess you missed Modric pushing Balotelli in the back at the same time his 'standing' foot is sliding? Watch it again, you'll see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.