SSN Right Now - Balo Charged By FA - Now inc Peter Crouch!!

Re: SSN Right Now - Balo Charged By FA

TCIB said:
Some of these posts are just plain bollocks.

If that was Rooney we would be screaming fucking murder, any user here who genuinly thinks he did not attempt to stamp on Parker needs to finish their homework and go to bed.

Yes i get the "parker should have been of" stuff. The FACT is he was on and Balo did attempt to stamp on him.
Now unless you dispute the law of physics regarding gravity,motion-inertia i can't see how you could do anything but hold your hands up and take it like an adult.

Your argument is complete and utter bollocks...so does your imaginary stamp.

LedleyKing said:
As far as whether or not Webb saw it, you can only go off what he says. He said he didn't see it and that's that. Be pissed if you like, but what more can the FA do? Say, "no Webb, we are going to throw out your statement and conclude that you did see it" and not ban Balotelli as a result? Of course not. .

grow up. webb was told what to say by the fa so they could act to pacify the media bloodlust. he lied to give the fa the green light to ban balo. if he'd told the truth there wouldn't have been a ban.

we don't want favours. we just want a level playing field & equal treatment & we aren't getting it.

Glad your knees lasted the 90 mins Ledley so you were there to hand us the 3 points.

LedleyKing said:
Finally good to see the FA get one right.

As far as whether or not Webb saw it, you can only go off what he says. He said he didn't see it and that's that. Be pissed if you like, but what more can the FA do? Say, "no Webb, we are going to throw out your statement and conclude that you did see it" and not ban Balotelli as a result? Of course not.

Now, the more important issue, of whether or not he deserves to be banned. Obviously, this revolves around whether or not the stamp was intentional. Despite being a Spurs supporter, this is an issue I like to think I can consider in a completely unbiased way for the simple fact that, regardless of the color of the jerseys, if you had replaced Balotelli with any other player on any other team in the league (same with Parker) I would still be calling for a harsh ban on what was a clearly intentional stamp. It truly amazes me how some can watch all of the angles and conclude that his leg was in the natural motion of reclaiming his balance. I simply do not see it this way. The lad is falling forward, yet his leg extends to the side and back. It was intentional. It was dirty. And there is no place for it at any level, in any league. We could easily be talking this morning about permanent serious damage that Parker received as a result of Balotelli's intentional action.

I said in the pre-match that the last thing I wanted was for a refereeing decisions to decide the match. I wouldn't say that is exactly what happened, but a missed call by Webb has clearly influenced the final result. Perhaps you feel justice was served if you believe City deserved the three points (personally, I think a draw would have better reflected the way the match went) and fair enough. Plenty of decisions have gone against you lot this season. For me, though, it is impossible not be upset at the way things turned out. Players con the referee all the time with dives, etc. But Balotelli did so by violently lashing out at another player. That pill is much harder to swallow.

Anywho. Great second half. We probably should have nipped all 3 points, but I guess to a certain extent we are still the same old Spurs. Either way, certainly the excitement level we all hoped for and an entertaining match until the end.

Hopefully the next time we play the headlines won't be dominated by the unacceptable behavior of a single player, but by the well-played, hard-fought battle between two of the league's top teams.

Huddlestone / Elmander. Say no more.

CityBuzzin said:
TCIB said:
Some of these posts are just plain bollocks.

If that was Rooney we would be screaming fucking murder, any user here who genuinly thinks he did not attempt to stamp on Parker needs to finish their homework and go to bed.

Yes i get the "parker should have been of" stuff. The FACT is he was on and Balo did attempt to stamp on him.
Now unless you dispute the law of physics regarding gravity,motion-inertia i can't see how you could do anything but hold your hands up and take it like an adult.

Your argument is complete and utter bollocks...so does your imaginary stamp.

hmmm......lots of press on here today with the wum's.

LedleyKing said:
Despite being a Spurs supporter, this is an issue I like to think I can consider in a completely unbiased way for the simple fact that, regardless of the color of the jerseys...

Well that's that then, thanks for coming on here and put this debate to bed.

I know about the rule with adebeyor and his season long loan, pity redknapp didnt use some of the "alleged" bung on trying to buy him instead of having to borrow him...

Brendan110_0 said:
LedleyKing said:
Finally good to see the FA get one right.

As far as whether or not Webb saw it, you can only go off what he says. He said he didn't see it and that's that. Be pissed if you like, but what more can the FA do? Say, "no Webb, we are going to throw out your statement and conclude that you did see it" and not ban Balotelli as a result? Of course not.

Now, the more important issue, of whether or not he deserves to be banned. Obviously, this revolves around whether or not the stamp was intentional. Despite being a Spurs supporter, this is an issue I like to think I can consider in a completely unbiased way for the simple fact that, regardless of the color of the jerseys, if you had replaced Balotelli with any other player on any other team in the league (same with Parker) I would still be calling for a harsh ban on what was a clearly intentional stamp. It truly amazes me how some can watch all of the angles and conclude that his leg was in the natural motion of reclaiming his balance. I simply do not see it this way. The lad is falling forward, yet his leg extends to the side and back. It was intentional. It was dirty. And there is no place for it at any level, in any league. We could easily be talking this morning about permanent serious damage that Parker received as a result of Balotelli's intentional action.

I said in the pre-match that the last thing I wanted was for a refereeing decisions to decide the match. I wouldn't say that is exactly what happened, but a missed call by Webb has clearly influenced the final result. Perhaps you feel justice was served if you believe City deserved the three points (personally, I think a draw would have better reflected the way the match went) and fair enough. Plenty of decisions have gone against you lot this season. For me, though, it is impossible not be upset at the way things turned out. Players con the referee all the time with dives, etc. But Balotelli did so by violently lashing out at another player. That pill is much harder to swallow.

Anywho. Great second half. We probably should have nipped all 3 points, but I guess to a certain extent we are still the same old Spurs. Either way, certainly the excitement level we all hoped for and an entertaining match until the end.

Hopefully the next time we play the headlines won't be dominated by the unacceptable behavior of a single player, but by the well-played, hard-fought battle between two of the league's top teams.

Guess you missed Modric pushing Balotelli in the back at the same time his 'standing' foot is sliding? Watch it again, you'll see.

So, by your reading of the video (not saying you are wrong) Modric pushes Balotelli in the back. Fine, fair enough. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but when one is pushed in the back they are typically propelled forward. When one is pushed forward their legs propel forward as well, attempting to "catch" the person and keep them from falling if you will. The legs do not, when one is pushed in the back, extend out behind him/her and make contact with the ground (or in this case a head).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.