Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

Re: Blocks 115/114: Made For Proper Singning Sections

jrb said:
[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/GlzGH3w.jpg[/bigimg]

Seeing as the away fans are losing block 115 and half of block 114, I'm hoping the club are thinking what I'm currently thinking?

Turning those one and a half blocks into proper singing sections. Singing sections the fans have always wanted.

I sincerely hope the club takes this opportunity to look at this idea, and if need be, work with and alongside the 1894 Group and the fans to make it become a reality. A part of the stadium where dedicated singers can met up, get together, and sing as much as possible throughout the game.

As I've mentioned on numerous occasions, a *1894 season ticket*, limited to those 2 blocks would be great.

An additional £10 could be added to the price of the season ticket to pay for flags, banners, displays, etc. That would bring in £7500 per season.(750 seats) The 1894 group working alongside the club could decide what that money is spent on. I'm £100% sure people wouldn't mind paying it.

I appreciate there is so much going on at the club ATM, but I sincerely hope the club will at least look at the idea and see if it is workable, and if it fits in with what the club wants for the fans and the stadium?

Any feedback would be welcome, regardless. If nothing else it gives the club an idea of what the fans think of the idea.(tin hat on)
should push the away bit around, more in the corner a bit more into blocks 111, 113, giving the guys in 111 block 114

Re: Stadium Expansion (merged)

Come along way since the building of the Gene Kelly stand :)

Can we change the thread title to confirmed? I wouldn't have noticed this thread if it wasn't for Twitter.

Stunning design and 61,000 seats. Can't wait.

Re: Blocks 115/114: Made For Proper Singning Sections

jrb said:
[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/GlzGH3w.jpg[/bigimg]

Seeing as the away fans are losing block 115 and half of block 114, I'm hoping the club are thinking what I'm currently thinking?

Turning those one and a half blocks into proper singing sections. Singing sections the fans have always wanted.

I sincerely hope the club takes this opportunity to look at this idea, and if need be, work with and alongside the 1894 Group and the fans to make it become a reality. A part of the stadium where dedicated singers can met up, get together, and sing as much as possible throughout the game.

As I've mentioned on numerous occasions, a *1894 season ticket*, limited to those 2 blocks would be great.

An additional £10 could be added to the price of the season ticket to pay for flags, banners, displays, etc. That would bring in £7500 per season.(750 seats) The 1894 group working alongside the club could decide what that money is spent on. I'm £100% sure people wouldn't mind paying it.

I appreciate there is so much going on at the club ATM, but I sincerely hope the club will at least look at the idea and see if it is workable, and if it fits in with what the club wants for the fans and the stadium?

Any feedback would be welcome, regardless. If nothing else it gives the club an idea of what the fans think of the idea.(tin hat on)

Spot on<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:45 pm --<br /><br />
Blue Smarties said:
Can we change the thread title to confirmed? I wouldn't have noticed this thread if it wasn't for Twitter.

Good shout

So you like then lads and lassies????

Doesn't it look stunning and won't that lot over the border be jealous?

Manchester City, the best club in the land, in all the world, with the best supporters.

I wish I were 20 or so years younger and could really enjoy the years of the new expanded Etihad.

Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

I see the OS now has an artist's rendition of the new stadium with both new ends added. It is as below:

MANcity_AER_update-facade.ashx

Let's look at that in a slightly larger size:

[bigimg]http://s23.postimg.org/chuoxcjru/COMS_expansion.jpg[/bigimg]

What I can see here:

- Note the roof now seems to be better integrated with the roof over the stands than in previous concepts. Previous concepts had the roof at a whole other level, kind of like the uneven roofing at Maine Road, which made it seem really likely that the stands would also be redeveloped later, as the roof just did not seem right at all. Now the roof seems more natural, even if it's weird how low it goes in each corner. To me, this means that the club view expanding the stands as a very long-term goal, if they plan to do it at all in fact. 60,000 could be the capacity for 10 or 20 years before any upgrade. I suspect the club has no plans to go past 60k right now.
- It's practically impossible to see the guy lines on that pic, but it's obvious from the angles that the poles sticking out of the spirals are not supporting the new end. There are two poles on each end supporting the roof, but they come directly out of the stand, which I guess means much greater strength in the superstructure itself. Notice the whacking great pillars where the redeveloped ends meet the old stands though. That's the trade-off for reinforcing one part of the ground and not all of it.
- My initial suspicions about the outside are correct. The ends will now be very wide, so if the club does ever redo the stands to match the height of the ends, the spirals will have to go and probably won't be replaced. See the last point - the spirals aren't even needed to support the new superstructure, so I doubt they'd be included if the outer edge of the stadium was pushed out on their sides too.
- That wall of glass looks cool, although it would look better if it were ornamented IMO - funky lights at night, a giant screen for projecting highlights, a big letter display with our name. You can see our badge - just - on that image, but it's sitting alone in a huge sheet of plate glass. Still, that space offers the room for the escalators people were talking about so I'd bet they are on the menu.

All just my interpretation, of course.

MUEN says 61,500 - does it say that on the OS, I couldn't find it.
[bigimg]http://i2.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/article6170085.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/City-Stadium-6170085.jpg[/bigimg]

Point of interest - now we know what they're doing with the rainwater...
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/images/city/drain.jpg[/bigimg]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.