Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
Away fans should be in 111, 211 and 212 and above. Other than that, great.

Don't know if there would be enough seats, looking at the drawings there are no seats above 211,212, as there is a scoreboard there. Doesn't quite add up to the seating plan. But would prefer the away fans at the edge otherwise they'll still he a split with singers who stay in that area

Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

the club may have no plans to go above 60k right now but the design absolutely allows for it by deepening the sides (and swallowing or replacing the spirals) and raising the back of the roof above the deepened third tier

I know that the club still gets the money when season ticket holders don't turn up but it does look bad the number of empty seats we have at some games.
Strangely I don't recall this being a problem at Maine Road

We are in our 60s and live about 40 miles away and miss 4 or 5 home games a season but I always give them to someone else to fill the seats. I understand that a lot of ST holders will want to sell their tickets when they can't go but I am sure there must also be many like us who just want the seats to be filled if we can't go.

I wonder if the club has ever considered setting up a scheme where I could just email them if I can't get to a game and they could donate the tickets to someone who might otherwise not be able to afford to go, youngsters out of work for example. .

6,750 seats in the 3rd tier. That means that our end behind the goal will hold more than Liverpool's Kop which holds 12,400

I think the tiers disrupt the noise a bit. When you're in Tier 2 it's difficult to hear those below you, although it makes no difference if you're in another stand.

The stand will have to go back a long way to create a 3rd tier of 6,750. That's the size of the existing Tier 1 and 2 put together, and bigger than the 3rd tiers in the East and West Stands. Massive in fact.

Re: Stadium Expansion excitement!

eddiemarin09 said:
jrb said:
Larger renders form the OS.

Click twice to enlarge.

[bigimg]http://content.mcfc.co.uk/images/waiting-list/Bowl-view.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://content.mcfc.co.uk/images/waiting-list/single-end-expansion.jpg[/bigimg]
Looks absolutely amazing I can't imagine a better design for the expansion I can't wait to see it happen

What an absoulte load of old bollocks,, by the time the new stands are built we will be murdering Arsenal!!! 0-0 indeed. ;)

Re: Blocks 115/114: Made For Proper Singning Sections

jrb said:
[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/GlzGH3w.jpg[/bigimg]

Seeing as the away fans are losing block 115 and half of block 114, I'm hoping the club are thinking what I'm currently thinking?

Turning those one and a half blocks into proper singing sections. Singing sections the fans have always wanted.

I sincerely hope the club takes this opportunity to look at this idea, and if need be, work with and alongside the 1894 Group and the fans to make it become a reality. A part of the stadium where dedicated singers can met up, get together, and sing as much as possible throughout the game.

As I've mentioned on numerous occasions, a *1894 season ticket*, limited to those 2 blocks would be great.

An additional £10 could be added to the price of the season ticket to pay for flags, banners, displays, etc. That would bring in £7500 per season.(750 seats) The 1894 group working alongside the club could decide what that money is spent on. I'm £100% sure people wouldn't mind paying it.

I appreciate there is so much going on at the club ATM, but I sincerely hope the club will at least look at the idea and see if it is workable, and if it fits in with what the club wants for the fans and the stadium?

Any feedback would be welcome, regardless. If nothing else it gives the club an idea of what the fans think of the idea.(tin hat on)

i agree with this and I am confident 1894 will put this forward with the club

needs to be done

cavendishblue said:
I know that the club still gets the money when season ticket holders don't turn up but it does look bad the number of empty seats we have at some games.
Strangely I don't recall this being a problem at Maine Road

We are in our 60s and live about 40 miles away and miss 4 or 5 home games a season but I always give them to someone else to fill the seats. I understand that a lot of ST holders will want to sell their tickets when they can't go but I am sure there must also be many like us who just want the seats to be filled if we can't go.

I wonder if the club has ever considered setting up a scheme where I could just email them if I can't get to a game and they could donate the tickets to someone who might otherwise not be able to afford to go, youngsters out of work for example. .

Top Blue, generosity gives a feel good factor I say, Hope the club follow up on this idea!

Looks like the existing cable structure remains in place throughout the build.

The 2 no existing support towers remain in situ and the new construction is built around them.

That means the build line of the new structure comes further away from the pitch to get the

New stadia in.

I would summise from the visuals that the new roof can be suspended from the existing cable

ring as it also supports the existing roof line..

This means that the higher roof can be built whils't the exising roof remains in place.

So , I reckon this can all be done without affecting the bottom 2 tiers remaining in use and

100 % covered all the time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.