Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

1st of all it's great we keep seeing the involvement of Sheik Mansour and the growing facillities in and outside the stadium. It's clearly not just about buying big players. We are so very lucky to have this man aboard. And with pleasure I remember the quotes back in the early days after the take-over how he would soon step out when bored.

The pics of the expansion look wonderful. It has a more aggrassive look somehow.

I would love to have a standing area back in. And we need to have the hard core singing fans behind both goals. Where they can have the most influence. As for the awayfans, wherever the club puts them, it'll be a great sight for them. But I simply don't want them to be close to the pitch. Loads of clubs put the awaysector way up in the stands and so should we. It's our stadium, we play at home and we should try and take as much advantage from that as possible. Wouldn't anyone object to a blue=white wall like Dortmunds' back-yellow?

cavendishblue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
cavendishblue said:
I know that the club still gets the money when season ticket holders don't turn up but it does look bad the number of empty seats we have at some games.
Strangely I don't recall this being a problem at Maine Road
After over 15,000 posts first time I've posted this....

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

Fair cop. At the time I almost added, perhaps I am just looking back through rose coloured spectacles! What I was actually getting at was that I don't recall there being such an issue with season ticket holders not turning up at games as Maine Road - perhaps it was just that nobody was cared back then!
Only having a bit of fun mate, but there were plenty of games where the North Stand in particular was half-full (I'm a half-full sort of guy). The 10-1 springs to mind in particular - I was in the posh seats sat right behind the estimable Brian Clark for that one, myself ;-)

As to the changing habits of season ticket holders that's probably a fair point. People go on holiday more than, say, thirty years ago, some people probably do miss more games. There are more games in general now too with our ongoing participation in Europe so folk are probably more inclined to give certain games a swerve than previously.

cavendishblue said:
After over 15,000 posts first time I've posted this....

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

Fair cop. At the time I almost added, perhaps I am just looking back through rose coloured spectacles! What I was actually getting at was that I don't recall there being such an issue with season ticket holders not turning up at games as Maine Road - perhaps it was just that nobody was cared back then!
Only having a bit of fun mate, but there were plenty of games where the North Stand in particular was half-full (I'm a half-full sort of guy). The 10-1 springs to mind in particular - I was in the posh seats sat right behind the estimable Brian Clark for that one, myself ;-)

As to the changing habits of season ticket holders that's probably a fair point. People go on holiday more than, say, thirty years ago, some people probably do miss more games. There are more games in general now too with our ongoing participation in Europe so folk are probably more inclined to give certain games a swerve than previously.

I think the changing of kick off times to suit TV audiences has had a huge effect on attendances these days. Personally I detest the 5.00pm kick off times and on a couple of occassions in the past I have decided just not to bother even though I do have a season ticket.

TGR said:
cavendishblue said:

I think the changing of kick off times to suit TV audiences has had a huge effect on attendances these days. Personally I detest the 5.00pm kick off times and on a couple of occassions in the past I have decided just not to bother even though I do have a season ticket.
That's a good point too TGR. There was a certainty about 3pm Saturday kick-offs which people could plan their lives around.

Just posted this on SSC.

Time to kill TBH.

nerd;

Hold it; maybe I'm wrong.

It does look like there are external bridges across from the corner spirals on the East and West stands to the third tier concourses on the North and South stands.

Wahey!!!

Yet it doesn't show up on the larger and clearer render.(click to enlarge)

[bigimg]http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8418/gkbn.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://content.mcfc.co.uk/images/waiting-list/single-end-expansion.jpg[/bigimg]

However, this would make sense as the home fans in the corner of the expanded 3rd tier next to the away fans would need a separate entrance and exit to the away fans. See seating plan below.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/GlzGH3w.jpg[/bigimg]

Also. The expansion incorporates the cable masts/supports, placing them inside the stadium exterior.(see render above and aerial shot of the stadium below)

manchester_etihad_stadium_02.jpg

A clear indication of how far back the expanded stand is going to be. I'm assuming the outer concourse will be kept in some form or shape and become an inner concourse, with internal stairs or a spiral ramp giving access to the upper tiers?

Another point.

I appreciate the club charges different prices for different blocks, all clubs do, but how can City charge different prices for different rows within the same block/s? (Unless those blocks are split via diving barriers of some sort?)

If not, how can City charge somebody £299 for sitting above a person who is paying £450, just because they are a few rows back? Let's be honest, the views up there won't be much different, regardless of where you sit in those blocks.

Another thing.

Won't this pricing of rows instead of blocks cause a void of fans in those blocks, with fans opting for the cheaper seats(£299), instead of the more expensive seats(£450) within the same block?

In theory you could end up with the(cheaper) seats at the back of those blocks full, and the (expensive) seats at the front of those blocks empty.

It's a shame the South Stand lower tier won't be a home fans only tier. Many fans have campaigned long and hard for it to become a single City end/singing section.

Obviously Police, H&S(away and home fans), and Council concerns have won the day. I know the club has done all it can to try and relocate the away fans, but it obviously can't be done.

However, splitting up the away fans over 3 tiers is an interesting idea. It makes the current 1st and 2nd tier away ends smaller, meaning less away support and less noise and backing at pitch level and above.

It also gives home fans an additional one and a half tiers(block 115 and half of block 114), meaning more noise and backing at pitch level and above.

In essence it diminishes the effect of the away support and their vocal support.

Hamburg FC have done something similar with their away end. Obviously much further into the corner.

[bigimg]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/HSHNordBankArenaview.jpg[/bigimg]

Regardless. The plans look amazing. And hopefully it will encourage 1000's of City fans who have been priced out of football, and who can't currently can't get a season ticket(38,000/sold out), to come back.

All bodes well for the leisure destination and Etihad Campus.

Re: Blocks 115/114: Made For Proper Singning Sections

jrb said:
[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/GlzGH3w.jpg[/bigimg]

Seeing as the away fans are losing block 115 and half of block 114, I'm hoping the club are thinking what I'm currently thinking?

Turning those one and a half blocks into proper singing sections. Singing sections the fans have always wanted.

I sincerely hope the club takes this opportunity to look at this idea, and if need be, work with and alongside the 1894 Group and the fans to make it become a reality. A part of the stadium where dedicated singers can met up, get together, and sing as much as possible throughout the game.

As I've mentioned on numerous occasions, a *1894 season ticket*, limited to those 2 blocks would be great.

An additional £10 could be added to the price of the season ticket to pay for flags, banners, displays, etc. That would bring in £7500 per season.(750 seats) The 1894 group working alongside the club could decide what that money is spent on. I'm £100% sure people wouldn't mind paying it.

I appreciate there is so much going on at the club ATM, but I sincerely hope the club will at least look at the idea and see if it is workable, and if it fits in with what the club wants for the fans and the stadium?

Any feedback would be welcome, regardless. If nothing else it gives the club an idea of what the fans think of the idea.(tin hat on)
Those prices are interesting. Looks like the majority of the seats will be in the range of £299 to £449 which is great. My seat cost £550 to renew - think it would be £600 to buy "new". These seats are further from the pitch, but at the same time imagine the experience of being part of 61,000

Looking at the prices, I'm in South Stand Level 2. That cost £550 to renew, and I think it would have been £550 +10% to buy new i.e £605, yet the same seats look to be £599. Looks like general drop in prices. Have I got this wrong?

Anybody else think that the outer blocks will be 299 pounds and getting dearer as you get nearer to the centre of the stand<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:29 am --<br /><br />Anybody else think that the outer blocks will be 299 pounds and getting dearer as you get nearer to the centre of the stand

How do people who dont have family members get on the season ticket waiting list? There is a guy at work who wants a couple. he could do this deposit thing and sit near me but fuck that (i dont like him THAT much)

dansyb said:
Anybody else think that the outer blocks will be 299 pounds and getting dearer as you get nearer to the centre of the stand

-- Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:29 am --

Anybody else think that the outer blocks will be 299 pounds and getting dearer as you get nearer to the centre of the stand
Yes, seems logical. I was sceptical about the pricing before, but seems like the whole stand really will be affordable - a lot cheaper than what I'm paying now for a start.

Imagine what it's going to look like with the training ground too.

I'm thinking back now to when we left Maine Rd and the excitement then of moving into the new stadium. This is something similar. The difference between Maine Rd and the Gene Kelly stand together with the yo-yo football and what's being proposed now and a team that's won the League and is playing in the Champions League is one of the most amazing tales in football.

A decade ago, the free the 30,000 thought they were cursed.

I wonder what will happen regarding the singing section and the South Stand Lower and Upper? Obviously the seats stay, but will a lot of fans move?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.