Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

blueparrot said:
tonea2003 said:
are we saying there are no discounts for kids in these new areas, i'm not quite sure?

if like me with two kids i would like to take will i be paying a minimum £299 for each

its a lot to ask for and i would be paying more than i am now and i am in a good seat on level 2 which i am sure i will be priced out of come the day

It says concession prices are available on the plan, I assume that includes the £299 areas as well.

i hope so mate, it will tot up for those with 2 or 3 kids etc

they are the future not gimmers like me

absolutely delighted that it looks as if the away fans are staying in 113. no one in their current seat is getting shifted. hope to god it stays that way

I suspect the £299 seats will just be for the back few rows and it will increase in small increments to £449 as you go forward so there isn't a big jump in price between the front of the light blue area and the back of the dark blue area.

blueparrot said:
jrb said:
mayo31 said:
Pictures look amazing but prices have been a let down for me.

Looking at those prices listed mine which costs £450 now could increase to £599 in two seasons. Quite a jump. Over 30% possibly.

Does not look like there will be many at £299 and they will be in the gods and the corners.

TBH thought that myself, but didn't want to come across as a party pooper.

Take block 111 for instance, where I stand.

£450 to £599.(£600)

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/GlzGH3w.jpg[/bigimg]

That's quite a jump if the adult price is £600. And that won't in include an additional £50 for a platinum card either. Could be £650 in total? £100 more than I'm paying now. £100 rise in 2 years. Hmmm.

People should take a deep breath and check their prices first.

Only saying.
It does say the prices shown are adult prices, so I presume some of the seats in your bloclk would be £450 maybe they don't knpw themselves yet how the seats will be priced within the differenet areas
The majority of the seats in the new 3rd tier are £299 to £450.

I sit in 216. In the Summer I renewed at £550 (without the renewal discount it would have been over £600.)

I'm really relieved that come what may I'll be able to watch City in 2-3 years time because prices were going up up and up and there's Champions League football as well to take into account, not forgetting the FA Cup. It all adds up.

Marvin said:
Need away fans in the home end to create focus for the atmosphere, just like the Kippax

If the away fans got moved then the atmosphere would move with them. I've always gone to where the away fans are

There'll be 14, 000 behind the goal, and if there's 3k away fans there, I'll guarantee the 11k City would make more noise than 14k with no away fans.

Same situation in South Stand Upper Tier. Atmosphere is always good when it's half City half away fans. But it's poor when it's 100% City

Most of the time we complain about a lack of atmosphere so how could it be worse. From where I sit you can only hear the away fans not a peep from 111 etc

west didsblue said:
I suspect the £299 seats will just be for the back few rows and it will increase in small increments to £449 as you go forward so there isn't a big jump in price between the front of the light blue area and the back of the dark blue area.
Utd have a huge range of ticket prices. At the moment we don't

If those ticket prices remain the same, I'll probably move from 216 to one of the front seats in the 3rd tier and save myself £100, and get a better view and better atmosphere (in a tier 3 times the size).

We need 10,000 new fans, or a lot of those in the corners of the first tiers, and in the South Stand will just move up to the new stands leaving empty seats behind them, so it makes sense to price them so cheaply. I suspect in time, there'll go up though. Once you're on the hook, you're easy meat

The way the number of travelling fans is dropping for all clubs it will be intresting to see how many teams will have 3 tiers, the costs of following away has killed many real supporters. The only ground been to with away fans on 3 levels was the old Juventus ground.

I am glad there will be decent seats availiable for every match, I will also be intrested to see what the cap off for season tickets is levelled around, fine balance of maximising bums on seats while allowing the newbies the opportunity to sample the goods in plain commercial terms the regulars buy less new gear etc.

We become a bigger commercial monster all the time which sadly is necesarry evil to succeed in todays game.

12,000 extra seats of which 75% seems to be light bluw.

So thats 9,000 seats less say 1,000 for the away section and segregation so 8,000 tickets at beween £300 and £450.

About right?

Still not sure how this will work. Money's pretty tight and City's fan base is very working class in composition, so surely existing season ticket holders are gonna want to get their hands on these new £299 tickets, moving from their current seats to do so. Won't that just create more empties in the relatively expensive lower tiers, that we can't then fill. I mean the very probable reason people are not turning up for televised games now (for which they've already got season tickets) is in order to save a bob or two (pie, pint, programme, public transport, petrol, etc). Surely, price cuts right across the board is the only way we're going to persuade old fans to come back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.