Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

S04 said:
We really are a miserable lot...

Not at all matey.

However, now the confetti and dust has settled, the proposal doesn't look as good.

As People have just come to realize, it has flaws.

And unless the club manages this proposal/incentive properly, it could bomb.

fbloke said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Excited by the expansion however it's strange to think that the marketing/business brains at the club cannot see an elementary flaw in not reducing all Seasoncards (by at least by around £100) at a time when more sales will be needed. Instead they have hyped up this £299 offer, which will be both limited and snapped up by existing customers!

Add to this the £100 deposit required for the privilege of queueing up!

And there was me thinking the Champions League bundle was ill conceived!

Just where in this plan is the solution to get the average man back in the ground? I would think very few new customers will get a sniff of the new £299 tickets and all they will be offered are the same £500+ tickets with an additional 2 years inflation they are unable to afford currently!

Time for a Mr Glick and Soriano to have a reality check.

I'm not sure how much info you have access to about the market research the club have done, or indeed the number of assumptions based on incomplete/flawed data you have chucked out in that post.

?

Even bloody Stevie Wonder could see that a general price reduction that benefits everyone would be better than a headline price for a few!

Seriously you must be winding me up!

fathellensbellend said:
why not just cut the costs for all fans, 425 behind the nets, and 500 down the side, with a few premium areas down the side, fill the 60000 seats, and keep growing the club.

Agreed.

There's too much pricing and tinkering with the blocks.

That new seat planner looks like the Crystal Maize.

fathellensbellend said:
why not just cut the costs for all fans, 425 behind the nets, and 500 down the side, with a few premium areas down the side, fill the 60000 seats, and keep growing the club.

Spot on.

There is no perfect way of doing this really, I would like to know what the overall aim is. As we know there is a possibility that expansion will eventually include the side stands as well. If we a going to follow a German model then there can be a huge number of £299 tickets as the sheer volume of people will ensure revenue.

If we are following an English model in place at most grounds, of a variety of different price structures, it seems that it would have been better to lower the prices in all areas. But I thought the £299 ticket would be to secure fans that otherwise couldn't come. But given they go to seasoncard holders first you are then left with those people facing the same issue. I think the club expect that the majority of people intend to stay where they are and will not sacrifice side stand seats for £299 tickets and so there will still be lower prices in the stands behind the goal that can enable people currently priced out to attend. But who knows. Either way there would be flaws, and I imagine the club have done considerable research that makes this the best option. Although we know that hasn't been the case with most of the other schemes they have brought in...

Estimated cost of expansion = £50m
As that are to be recouped within ten years we talk £5m p.a

You can all do the math in regards to ticket prices but this is where we stand.

TIckets all over England should be reduced soon or the Premier League stadia will go the way of Serie A.

supercity88 said:
There is no perfect way of doing this really, I would like to know what the overall aim is. As we know there is a possibility that expansion will eventually include the side stands as well. If we a going to follow a German model then there can be a huge number of £299 tickets as the sheer volume of people will ensure revenue.

If we are following an English model in place at most grounds, of a variety of different price structures, it seems that it would have been better to lower the prices in all areas. But I thought the £299 ticket would be to secure fans that otherwise couldn't come. But given they go to seasoncard holders first you are then left with those people facing the same issue. I think the club expect that the majority of people intend to stay where they are and will not sacrifice side stand seats for £299 tickets and so there will still be lower prices in the stands behind the goal that can enable people currently priced out to attend. But who knows. Either way there would be flaws, and I imagine the club have done considerable research that makes this the best option. Although we know that hasn't been the case with most of the other schemes they have brought in...

Indeed.

The club do plenty of research, but they still plough on regardless, even if that research is wrong.

However, and in all honesty, this is a one off opportunity to expand both ends, and more importantly, to entice back 1000's of missing City fans(150,000 at the PL parade), currently priced out of football, or who can't get a season ticket.

On a personal level I don't think City will succeed with those prices and limited cheap season tickets. But that's just my opinion.

The 3rd tier is 75% £299 to £450.

I don't get what's not to like (if you are a blue). That's far far cheaper than what I am paying now, and what I expected.

And the only genuine problem to consider is the potential popularity of it i.e. existing seasoncard holders snapping them up. I am sure that will be considered. It's not even been built yet

Ever wondered why 80k capacity German stadia are always packed to the brim, no matter which teams are playing?

Match-day income is a drop in the bucket for clubs, yet every year English fans continue to be shafted.

[bigimg]http://supportersnotcustomers.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/supporters-not-customers.jpg[/bigimg]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.