Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Why Always Ste said:
I just want Atmosphere at City fella and able to be amongst likeminded Supporters... Rather than feeling awkward when I start singing as a group of tourists start taking pictures of me on their Tablet devices and pointing as though we're apart of the entertainment or something.
You shouldn't be so self-conscious, mate ;-)

where the hell do you sit now? I've never seen a tablet or jcl in 110-111. I love the atmosphere in there and am surrounded by people who want to sing and have a laugh.

Lets not get away from the fact that MCFC will, after the expansion, still have the cheapest season tickets in the PL and will also have more truly affordable seats for sale than any club.

The board have seemingly taken a very reasonable stance by forward funding the expansion whilst maintaining affordability across the range.

The alternative would be Arsenal's model where the fans pay through the nose irrespective of the financial need.

I simply dont understand how there is any cause for complaint in what City are planning.

Why Always Ste said:
toffee balls said:
Why Always Ste said:
Following on from Fblokes post, I can just picture the new seating areas being full of JCL's mixed with outpriced people from level two/one blocks and ofcourse the opportunistic types who will see the £299 sc as an "investment" and only ever use their seat when we play the Rags.

Atmosphere improvement? yea right...

I was feeling hyped about this but now not so.
The stadium will just feel plastic and Raggish.

Welcome to Old Scaffold 2.0

You like the Smith's don't you Steve

Heaven knows I'm miserable now ;)

Lol,I just want Atmosphere at City fella and able to be amongst likeminded Supporters... Rather than feeling awkward when I start singing as a group of tourists start taking pictures of me on their Tablet devices and pointing as though we're apart of the entertainment or something.

The more this occurs the more City just turns into the Vermin and it will be time to go then sadly :(

Good on you pal.

The looks I get up in 324 when I start F ing and J fing are great.

You would have thought I'd have threatened to abduct a kid or something.

I still carry on though....

fbloke said:
Lets not get away from the fact that MCFC will, after the expansion, still have the cheapest season tickets in the PL and will also have more truly affordable seats for sale than any club.

The board have seemingly taken a very reasonable stance by forward funding the expansion whilst maintaining affordability across the range.

The alternative would be Arsenal's model where the fans pay through the nose irrespective of the financial need.

I simply dont understand how there is any cause for complaint in what City are planning.

I appreciate that fbloke, but my concerns still stand.

Unless the club limits and vets £299 season ticket applications from current season ticket holders, they will swallow them up.

Better to give new season tickets holders the opportunity to buy the £299 season ticket first., And if they sell out issue more £299 season tickets. Or if not at that price, say £350.

Surely it's better to have one or both tiers full of £299 season tickets holders, instead of more expensive seats, as currently advertised, that the club can't sell.

And as I've already stated. The worst case scenario. Current season ticket holders relocating to the £299 seats, leaving their more expensive seats unsold.

Get the new fans in first, fill both ends as much as possible, and if any £299 season tickets remain, offer them to current season ticket holders who want to relocate to the cheaper seats/season tickets.

The question is how many season tickets could we potentially sell based on our current pricing model? What is there demand for in the big league matches? They should then provide as many £299 season tickets as possible, to existing seasoncard holders first. Then they can introduce a pricing system for the remainder of the seats. But I still feel it wont be a case where people from expensive areas move to cheaper and their seats are unoccupied, I am sure they will sell too. I guess once hospitality is increased and improved and money is raised from that, more £299 and low priced tickets can be introduced. The entire 3rd tier should have been low cost, but there has to be an increased revenue to justify the redevelopment. The background of City fans is not significantly different to that of most clubs, and a lot of people will be able to afford the current prices. It was always going to be this way in my mind, although I do think based on income from hospitality etc it will adapt with time and increase in affordability. Results on the field too should see increased demand and ideally people will look at the higher priced £500-700 tickets and feel they are still value for money considering the football on display.

Excited by the expansion however it's strange to think that the marketing/business brains at the club cannot see an elementary flaw in not reducing all Seasoncards (by at least by around £100) at a time when more sales will be needed. Instead they have hyped up this £299 offer, which will be both limited and snapped up by existing customers!

Add to this the £100 deposit required for the privilege of queueing up!

And there was me thinking the Champions League bundle was ill conceived!

Just where in this plan is the solution to get the average man back in the ground? I would think very few new customers will get a sniff of the new £299 tickets and all they will be offered are the same £500+ tickets with an additional 2 years inflation they are unable to afford currently!

Time for a Mr Glick and Soriano to have a reality check.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Excited by the expansion however it's strange to think that the marketing/business brains at the club cannot see an elementary flaw in not reducing all Seasoncards (by at least by around £100) at a time when more sales will be needed. Instead they have hyped up this £299 offer, which will be both limited and snapped up by existing customers!

Add to this the £100 deposit required for the privilege of queueing up!

And there was me thinking the Champions League bundle was ill conceived!

Just where in this plan is the solution to get the average man back in the ground? I would think very few new customers will get a sniff of the new £299 tickets and all they will be offered are the same £500+ tickets with an additional 2 years inflation they are unable to afford currently!

Time for a Mr Glick and Soriano to have a reality check.

I'm not sure how much info you have access to about the market research the club have done, or indeed the number of assumptions based on incomplete/flawed data you have chucked out in that post.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:01 pm --<br /><br />
S04 said:
We really are a miserable lot...

Not all of us ;-)

why not just cut the costs for all fans, 425 behind the nets, and 500 down the side, with a few premium areas down the side, fill the 60000 seats, and keep growing the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.