Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

Some real miserable cunts in this thread
It started off brilliantly with everyone excited about the expansion now we've got people moaning that the club are just aiming to rip them off

Ffs there looks like there's going to be about 5000 to 6000 seats at £299 which is already a lower price than any PL club and you're saying they're doing it just to appear good on the BBC

Some of you need to get a grip on reality, the stadium is never going to be £299 tickets everywhere except in corporate, it is unrealistic

Talk about being ungrateful......

Why Always Ste said:
Following on from Fblokes post, I can just picture the new seating areas being full of JCL's mixed with outpriced people from level two/one blocks and ofcourse the opportunistic types who will see the £299 sc as an "investment" and only ever use their seat when we play the Rags.

Atmosphere improvement? yea right...

I was feeling hyped about this but now not so.
The stadium will just feel plastic and Raggish.

Welcome to Old Scaffold 2.0
didn't taken you long did it, you utter prick,why don't you do us all a favour a go and watch Bury

cleavers said:
Shaelumstash said:
You are suggesting they should be penalised in favour of fans who do not currently attend? It's not good business practice if you are trying to encourage customer (supporter) loyalty to offer a better deal to a new customer than to an existing and loyal one.
Unfortunately its a common business practise to offer a more attractive price to attract new customers, whilst leaving old customers to pay higher prices, the energy companies, phone companies, SKY TV, and banks all do this regularly, its little wonder a growing, major business like City might see it as a way forward.

As long serving fans most of us don't get the business concept, we just see it as a football club, but the guys running the club see it as a business for generating money as well as entertaining people.

You are absolutely right that it has been a common business practice over the last 10 years. The last couple of years have seen a consumer back lash against this, and you will notice a lot of the banks, Natwest and others are now guaranteeing to match any deals for new customers to their existing clients.

Sky are another good example. They often advertise new deals open to new / returning customers as incentives. They obviously don't market these incentives / discounts to their existing customers, as it would be taking money out of their own pockets. But if you call them as an existing customer to complain / threaten to leave if you can't also benefit from the deal, 90% of the time they will offer you the discount. Same with phone / broadband companies, just because the discounts aren't marketed to existing customers, doesn't mean it's not available.

The energy companies are a different kettle of fish because it's basically a cartel, but that's another debate!

squirtyflower said:
Some real miserable ***** in this thread
It started off brilliantly with everyone excited about the expansion now we've got people moaning that the club are just aiming to rip them off

Ffs there looks like there's going to be about 5000 to 6000 seats at £299 which is already a lower price than any PL club and you're saying they're doing it just to appear good on the BBC

Some of you need to get a grip on reality, the stadium is never going to be £299 tickets everywhere except in corporate, it is unrealistic

True. But it's just the last few pages. In reality most blues will be thrilled about these proposals

Marvin said:
squirtyflower said:

True. But it's just the last few pages. In reality most blues will be thrilled about these proposals
And so they should be

Just look at the one quoted slightly above! Jeez he knows the place is going to be a morgue with plastic fans, fucking hell

squirtyflower said:
Some real miserable cunts in this thread

Guilty as charged.

In 2 years time, I doubt very much these will be the prices anyway, and this 'opportunity' will have been mostly forgotten about (at least the prices will).

The club want to maximise revenue, they were never going to that by making it cheaper for everyone to come, expanding capacity is not about making more cheaper season tickets available, its about getting more people to part with their money, and we currently have no more than 6,000 match day tickets, and this where the biggest increase in revenue will come from, so increase the capacity of match day tickets.

More importantly as I said earlier in the thread, it looks like a great opportunity to change those broken blue bulbs on top of the pylons, and not before time either.

jrb said:
Shaelumstash said:
jrb said:
Wrongly or rightly I thought the exercise/plan was to attract missing City fans back, and then to fill the stadium.(the ultimate investment/business plan)

I didn't think it was to move current season ticket holders to cheaper seats *first*.

Even if you restricted current season ticket holders to second in the queue, they will still renew their season tickets.

Restrict new and old City fans who want to come back to second in the queue, and they may not come back.

Hence get the new and old fans back in first, see what's left over, and then offer it to existing season ticket holders.

From a personal point of view I won't move. I'm happy where I am, and I'm happy to pay what I pay.

Very short sighted of you. I'm sure there are loads of existing season ticket holders who would like to but the cheaper seats in the new stand. You are suggesting they should be penalised in favour of fans who do not currently attend? It's not good business practice if you are trying to encourage customer (supporter) loyalty to offer a better deal to a new customer than to an existing and loyal one.

The idea that existing SC holders can put down deposits for themselves, and their mates who may want to return is a fantastic idea as it doesn't penalise existing SC holders, while still encouraging new / returning fans the chance to get an affordable ticket.

Also you have to bear in mind, it's unlikely a returning fan who has been priced out up to now will want to sit on his own! It's very likely he (or she) has mates that are already SC holders. Giving them the chance to get cheap seats together in the South Stand is surely going to act as a further incentive to come back.

I'm sure City have also taken in to account which seats would be easier to sell to the occasional fan. I would guess the type of non hardcore than that can only make a few games a season would much rather buy the occasional ticket in the Colin Bell stand than the South Stand.

Hundreds of fans on here have also expressed their admiration for The Wall at Dortmund and the great atmosphere created by a huge stand behind the goal of hardcore fans. By giving existing SC the chance to buy the cheaper £299 tickets, it goes some way to ensuring the fans in the South Stand remain a passionate hard core who want to sing and create atmosphere, as opposed to the occasional day tripper / new fan who has only recently taken an interest in the club.

Not at all.

I'm not taking sides.

To me it's not about us and them. It's about getting missing City fans back.(into the ground) And by getting them back via the incentive of a cheap season ticket.

As it stands they don't have a season ticket unlike me and you.(?) In a nutshell they can't get one. So they either have to buy a match ticket or miss out.

Yes we pay for the privilege, but at least we get to watch the matches. They can't or can't afford too.(in some cases)

All I'm saying is give new and old fans the chance to buy the cheaper season tickets first. If they sell out or not, existing season ticket holders will still renew their season tickets. They won't bother, they'll just do it.

As long as I've been on here the general consensus is that City need to get missing City fans back, via an expanded stadium, and via cheaper tickets. Now it's happening, why are the club moving the goal posts by offering the cheap season tickets to current season ticket holders first? How is that going to attract those missing fans back? Will they want to buy the more expensive and vacated seats/season tickets? I don't think so.

"Hi, I'd like to buy a £299 season ticket."

"Sorry, the majority have been sold to existing season ticket holders relocating."

"The rest have now sold out."

"OK, what's left?"

"The seats that have been vacated or more expensive seats."

"No thanks."

"Bye!"

I disagree. You are assuming the old loyal City fan who can't afford it anymore is more likely to come back if he has to sit on his own than if he can sit with his mates. The new incentive offers existing SC holders the chance to put down deposits for themselves, plus 4 additional deposits for other friends / family members. Surely you appreciate that will act as a great incentive for fans coming back? They will have the opportunity to come back in an affordable seat, and sit with the people they want to sit with. It's a double incentive.

squirtyflower said:

When you say except in corporate, you must mean £299 a game in that part.

Not a chance there will be 5000 at £299. I would say less than half at that price.

I do say it is to look good on the BBC. The lads in the back of the club have done a good job again.

My point was more to do with my ticket looks like it is going to be priced between £450 and £599. If that is when the new stand is complete in 2015 and the first year it is £450 I will be very happy. I now pay £450, if in 2015 it is £599 then I will be pissed off.

Being grateful or ungrateful don't come into for me.

blueparrot said:
Shaelumstash said:
jrb said:
Wrongly or rightly I thought the exercise/plan was to attract missing City fans back, and then to fill the stadium.(the ultimate investment/business plan)

I didn't think it was to move current season ticket holders to cheaper seats *first*.

Even if you restricted current season ticket holders to second in the queue, they will still renew their season tickets.

Restrict new and old City fans who want to come back to second in the queue, and they may not come back.

Hence get the new and old fans back in first, see what's left over, and then offer it to existing season ticket holders.

From a personal point of view I won't move. I'm happy where I am, and I'm happy to pay what I pay.

Very short sighted of you. I'm sure there are loads of existing season ticket holders who would like to buy the cheaper seats in the new stand. You are suggesting they should be penalised in favour of fans who do not currently attend? It's not good business practice if you are trying to encourage customer (supporter) loyalty to offer a better deal to a new customer than to an existing and loyal one.

The idea that existing SC holders can put down deposits for themselves, and their mates who may want to return is a fantastic idea as it doesn't penalise existing SC holders, while still encouraging new / returning fans the chance to get an affordable ticket.

Also you have to bear in mind, it's unlikely a returning fan who has been priced out up to now will want to sit on his own! It's very likely he (or she) has mates that are already SC holders. Giving them the chance to get cheap seats together in the South Stand is surely going to act as a further incentive to come back.

I'm sure City have also taken in to account which seats would be easier to sell to the occasional fan. I would guess the type of non hardcore than that can only make a few games a season would much rather buy the occasional ticket in the Colin Bell stand than the South Stand.

Hundreds of fans on here have also expressed their admiration for The Wall at Dortmund and the great atmosphere created by a huge stand behind the goal of hardcore fans. By giving existing SC the chance to buy the cheaper £299 tickets, it goes some way to ensuring the fans in the South Stand remain a passionate hard core who want to sing and create atmosphere, as opposed to the occasional day tripper / new fan who has only recently taken an interest in the club.

Couldn't agree more . I make a 400 mile round trip for games and make about 6 home games a season with my son. I have been very tempted by the £299 s/c but I think I have decided not to go for it as I would not comes to many more games as the times of games and cost of travel are our main obstacles. So our seats would be left empty quite often
So me and my son will continue our nomadic Etihad existance and if there are more seats available in better areas we will take those. As you said the difference in prices of match day tickets around the ground make little difference to our match day costs, although the cheaper the better.

Thanks for your post. I think you've really illustrated one of my points really well. If you can only make it to a few games a season I'm sure you'd like the choice to be able to sit in a seat that you and your son can get the most enjoyment out of.

At the moment I'm sure it's really difficult to get decent seats in for example the Colin Bell stand. They are taken up by existing season ticket holders, and I'm sure no one would argue that season ticket holders should be given priority.

It's about choice. If an existing SC holder would prefer to stay where he is, that should be his right. If he would like to move to a cheaper seat, that should also be up to him. If the knock on effect of that is that it creates more choice for you to buy a ticket in a seat you'll enjoy, everyone is a winner! I honestly don't understand why people are against it, makes no sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.