Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

Re: Stadium Expansion excitement!!!

kev20971 said:
Ducado said:
Exciting times ahead indeed

How ever serious consideration needs to be given to the traffic flow both pre and post match, more people will mean more cars which will be more match day grid lock
you are right mate, also public transport will need looking at too, maybe making better use of the railway line running past the athletics stadium , better buses services to the stadium, ie a return of the old match buses, running from all over Gtr Manchester and not just the city centre, but this will need the gmpte or what ever they are called now, pulling their finger out also !

People will just start leaving after 70 mins instead of 75........

The new third tiers won't be connected to the east or CB stands so away fans over 3 tiers in a corner won't happen

A lad I know was telling me on Saturday that the company he works for has the contract to build the new tiers.

I heard that all of tier 2 would also be corporate. We shall have to see on that one.

mayo31 said:
A lad I know was telling me on Saturday that the company he works for has the contract to build the new tiers.

I heard that all of tier 2 would also be corporate. We shall have to see on that one.

Totally false.

eddiemarin09 said:
I'm excited to see what it will look like..I hope they are a little more bold when choosing the look of the new tiers instead of just using the same design of the east and west stands like most photoshopped renderings people have came up with..good shit city

-- Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:04 pm --

blackley macca said:
cptaidan88 said:
hhstad468.jpg

In my mind I'm hoping the away fans are spread over 3 tiers, but get shifted to the corner like we were at Hamburg. That way we get a full 'atmospheric end' and it stops the away fans being directly above any City fans, and if they cant sell out a tier we open it up to ours like we do at present.

Am I close? Thanks for the update anyway folks

Be good to stick them near the corner flag, anyone else sick of seeing away fans behind the goal whilst watching MOTD etc?
I am ..I hate seeing the away support get such good seats when city are away we are tucked away in a corner..if we're put in shit places they should too

west brom, west ham, liverpool, arsenal, spurs ( if you take 3k) chelsea (if you take 3k) hull, stoke, swansea, Southampton, fulham, all grounds with fans behind the goal or very close, on the first tier. and why the fuck you bothered if you see them on motd, thats the saddest thing I've ever heard! and tell me where are the shit seats in our stadium? the best views of the pitch are probably in level 3 if thats what you're getting at. if anything behind the goal is the worst, if there was such a thing in our ground.

Was also invited to a meeting a few weeks ago and was asked to keep the info presented confidential so I have done

Eccles Blue said:
GFBlue said:
How do you register an interest in a ST? I filled in the survey they sent me and I would definitely by a ST in the cheap areas of the expanded stadium (tight I know but living in Scotland means not being able to get to all games). Does this count or do you need to do something else?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Feel free if you want to take the piss!

GFBlue, why would anyone want to take the water? :-)

I guess there will be something coming out soon and they will let you know. If I hear anything I will PM you and then you can take the water out of me because you will probably have heard before me!!! ;-)

For being a fair weather and not travelling from Scotland for every game (oh how I'd love to live in Manchester)

Thanks for the offer most kind and I look forward to getting the info.

Be interesting to see how many of these cheap tickets are

So far the value seasoncard offers are very limited in number. "From £299" can mean a lot of things.

Can't see many of us saving 300 quid on the usual price. Not only is it piss poor business its also not an aid to FFP.

So excited about all this. I think putting bits of away fans in three tiers is fucking brilliant. That way they'll struggle to get any atmosphere going and a lot more of us will be next to them to take the piss which a lot of people think improves our atmosphere. I can't wait to get up in the 3rd tier of the south stand personally, had enough of level 1 south stand now, I want a better view (and fanzone danny is near me now which is enough to make anyone want to move haha!)

From wiki so a pinch of salt but FWIW:

Plans were presented for consultation on 12th July 2013 and a planning application is aimed for December 2013.[78] If approved, the first phase to expand to 54,000 could begin as early as April 2014, with completion in the summer of 2015

How do the pics the fans have seen compare to the ones that were released?

e.g.:

Etihad_Stadium%2C_Manchester_Redevelopment.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.