Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

dave_blue12 said:
Given that our owners are known for long term planning I got to thinking about the next phase when 60,000 seats is clearly not enough.

A fourth tier anyone ?

Fill the corners in if it's ever needed.

bobmcfc said:
oakiecokie said:
bobmcfc said:
And not to be funny but we aren't united. I don't know how the ram so many plastics through the turnstiles but I'm not sure it's a feat we can replicate

Yet if you look at the "actual" numbers GMP have stated,went through the turnstiles at OT,there are literally thousands of seats not occupied.Yes I know we have the same problem but its nothing on a scale like theirs,so figures can be manipulated to suit a case.

They have a 76k seated stadium and regardless if their no show they still have a global branding and attraction that we don't come close to or ever hope to. In your opinion can we attract the kind of plastic, rich corporate fan base that they have ?

we can match and surpass their global branding, just watch what 20 years of success does

pirate said:
bobmcfc said:
oakiecokie said:
Yet if you look at the "actual" numbers GMP have stated,went through the turnstiles at OT,there are literally thousands of seats not occupied.Yes I know we have the same problem but its nothing on a scale like theirs,so figures can be manipulated to suit a case.

They have a 76k seated stadium and regardless if their no show they still have a global branding and attraction that we don't come close to or ever hope to. In your opinion can we attract the kind of plastic, rich corporate fan base that they have ?

we can match and surpass their global branding, just watch what 20 years of success does

I understand what Bobs saying,but at times as fans,we don`t half look on the negativity first and foremost and give very little thought to the positives.Perhaps we aint used to it still ??

Does anyone know how many are in CB2 and East 2? I'd imagine a good percentage of those will be wanting first dibs on the new £299 tickets.

It would be interesting to see a table of costs for the various parts of Maine Road (adjusted for inflation as well).

I suspect that some of the best seats (my dad had a season ticket in the Main Stand more or less on the half way line, with that white dividing wall of wood in front of him) would be pretty heftily priced now.

And I also wonder how many of those who have issues with the changes, for whatever reason, would lik to be able to stand and pay perhaps £300 a season for that?

fbloke said:
I suspect that some of the best seats (my dad had a season ticket in the Main Stand more or less on the half way line, with that white dividing wall of wood in front of him) would be pretty heftily priced now.
Of course they would. I made this point earlier in the thread. Assuming the takeover hadn't happened and assuming we were still in the Premier League (and in business!) how much do people honestly think they'd be paying for tickets?

Between 10-20% less as an absolute maximum looking at clubs like Villa and Everton.

Inter Me Nan said:
Where in this letter does it say Level 2 will be moved to Level 3?

It doesnt really say where seats will be moved to, just cost of the existing seats in a few years.

fbloke said:
It would be interesting to see a table of costs for the various parts of Maine Road (adjusted for inflation as well).

And I also wonder how many of those who have issues with the changes, for whatever reason, would lik to be able to stand and pay perhaps £300 a season for that?

Interesting enough to see how they've changed since the move to the new stadium. I paid around £400 in the first year there (just under SS scoreboard) and from memory £500 when I moved to the current seat. Thats gone up over £200 in the past two years already, with another hike of £450+ to come.

I think cheap standing would get significant support.

I'm curious, for the record - not that I entirely disbelieve the notion or anything, just to understand. Why exactly do people equate "safe standing" with "cheap"? Aside from the fact that they can put a few extra people in (I can't really see them being able to "safely" increase capacity by more than 10% or so) what exactly would make a standing section cheaper than a seated one?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.