Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

jayblue said:
Some miserable sods on here. Its only a fookin seat. Does it matter where it is as long as its facing the pitch ?
Sometimes change is good. Im in level 3 and get relocated every early round cup game. I quite like watching the match from a different view.

again - another one that's not affected by the expansion plans.

It's obvious that the club will charge most expensive prices for the best seats. Regardless of how long someone might have sat there for.

The club has the excuse that they have to do it because of FFP, even if they would've done it anyway.

Really, you can't complain about having to move for not affording a ticket. You can't expect any less.

Unfortunately it can never be a case of cheap seats for everyone no matter where you sit. That is not an option in light of FFP and making money. Big companies and major investment will not be secured unless the club manages to improve hospitality and market the club successfully. I understand people are annoyed at having to move or pay huge price increases for their seats. That is natural. But we are blessed with a fantastic stadium where views are brilliant from all parts of the ground. These price increases mean that the club makes enough money to then offer cheaper seats for those that would like to watch City no matter where they sit, just so they have the opportunity. We are all looking at this selfishly, as is natural. Some will say, I don't want to move, and I shouldn't have to pay more. Some will say brilliant I can afford a season ticket now, who cares where I sit, as long as I am in the stadium. On a collective level, this is a good thing for the majority of people. It gives people an opportunity to watch City at a more affordable rate, people who love their seat that much will find a way of paying for it, if they can't then they can move and will find that it isn't significantly different where they move to. If it is then they will pay more next time, or can decide not to watch the club.

I would think that people who have sat through thick and thin for years and years will stay watching City, even if they have to move to a different seat.

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
jayblue said:
Some miserable sods on here. Its only a fookin seat. Does it matter where it is as long as its facing the pitch ?
Sometimes change is good. Im in level 3 and get relocated every early round cup game. I quite like watching the match from a different view.

again - another one that's not affected by the expansion plans.
I sit right in the corner of level 3 and may have to move during the building works. If I do im gonns come on here and cry like you

gordondaviesmoustache said:
jayblue said:
There was a time when that was a distinct drawback.
Haha. Them were the days when the best seats were on the 53 bus going home

Gate income is a drop in the bucket for prem clubs yet supporters are slowly being priced out all over the country.

In a few years, the PL stadiums will look like Serie A.

We can't even sell out against the European champions at £48/ticket. The current corporate areas are NEVER full, not even against United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool/the European champions... If they think they can sell whole lengths of the pitch on Level 2 at £1150 someone needs sectioning at the club. It's so far fetched it's laughable!

oakiecokie said:
Oakie sit's in the Colin Bell third tier and has I quote " one of the best seats in the stadium" - so its very very easy for him to comment as his "I'm all right Jack" status comes through loud & clear. Fair Play we all know where he is now coming from.

And by the same token the price is very good for what I wish to see.One of the best seats in the stadium refers to where I like to sit ..higher up.The same was at Maine Road,Main Stand Left Outer Row m/n.Therefore it has nothing to do with cost,but where I like to view from.
Corporate = Income = Better Players = Possibility of winning more trophies.
It sounds as though you wish the takeover had never happened,as you`re coming over as a right miserable sod.

not at all Oakie, but when the likely hood is that we will be forced to move, which in turn means splitting up the eight family & friends who have sat together for the last 10 years (at least) because to get 8 decent seats together will be nigh-on impossible in the new scheme of things.

Here's an idea - why not stick the new corporate seats in the new expanded areas ? oh no, we cannot do that as they are inferior seats - but City are more than happy to split up & move fans with over 125 years of loyalty between them - its so easy for you to comment Oakie as your "best seats in the house" are unaffected.

My "best seats" are in the corner,324,but for me its more about accessibility due to my "disability status" so I`m not paying a fortune as in the centre blocks.
It was/is always going to be difficult in having to move and I agree with the number of people possibly involved with yourself,thats one hell of problem.
I would suggest writing to Danny Wilson and see if he can help you out,as no doubt hundreds of others will be doing the same.
And finally,no the last thing I am is a "I`m alright Jack" person.No-one more than me knows the financial plight and what its like,having finished work at the ripe old age of 51 at the time and losing more than £250,000 in "lost" wages.

We don't live in a perfect world, I'm afraid. There's a price to pay for watching the world's greatest footballers play for Manchester City. To some it's a price too far, for others it isn't. There were always going to be creative tensions among our supporters as the club changed.

I say this without any sarcasm, that it must be very sad for some of our supporters who are genuinely conflicted by the direction the club is taking.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and given how far we've come it's surprising more haven't fallen by the wayside, as I see few signs of too many tourists on a Premier League matchday (CL games are palpably different).

£1100 is great deal too much for many people to pay for a Season Ticket, especially when you look at the demographics of our fans, but I can't see any alternative than the club changing the location of certain "types" of supporters (i.e. spending power) in order to maximise revenues. Sadly some loyal blues will end up being collateral damage in this, but as I said, we don't live in a perfect world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.