Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
bobmcfc said:
LoveCity said:
Since the empty seats are 99% sold, I doubt the club is that bothered to be honest. As long as someone pays for them, they don't seem to care if the holder turns up or not (hence the Family Stand remaining in its current form, which leads to it looking half-empty at mid-week games).

The plight of the away fans are being highlighted a lot lately and all that is happening is the cost being pushed onto home fans. If the prices go up then we all know that people won't pay to go to games, it's that simple . You say they are 99% bought but that is prices now and We may have new fans but they aren't the loyal core that have been going for years and have propped up this club when it was in the shit. All these corporates that are going to materialise from thin air and pay stupid prices won't be hanging around long if the wind isn't blowing the right way on the pitch.

Exactly Bob ..... Just watch the rags over the next couple of years, they could well implode if they drop out of the top four at some point (which is a possibility and not just wishful thinking) .

And not to be funny but we aren't united. I don't know how the ram so many plastics through the turnstiles but I'm not sure it's a feat we can replicate

bobmcfc said:
bobmcfc said:
The plight of the away fans are being highlighted a lot lately and all that is happening is the cost being pushed onto home fans. If the prices go up then we all know that people won't pay to go to games, it's that simple . You say they are 99% bought but that is prices now and We may have new fans but they aren't the loyal core that have been going for years and have propped up this club when it was in the shit. All these corporates that are going to materialise from thin air and pay stupid prices won't be hanging around long if the wind isn't blowing the right way on the pitch.

Exactly Bob ..... Just watch the rags over the next couple of years, they could well implode if they drop out of the top four at some point (which is a possibility and not just wishful thinking) .

And not to be funny but we aren't united. I don't know how the ram so many plastics through the turnstiles but I'm not sure it's a feat we can replicate

Yet if you look at the "actual" numbers GMP have stated,went through the turnstiles at OT,there are literally thousands of seats not occupied.Yes I know we have the same problem but its nothing on a scale like theirs,so figures can be manipulated to suit a case.

oakiecokie said:
bobmcfc said:

Yet if you look at the "actual" numbers GMP have stated,went through the turnstiles at OT,there are literally thousands of seats not occupied.Yes I know we have the same problem but its nothing on a scale like theirs,so figures can be manipulated to suit a case.

And our seats stand out more.

worsleyweb said:
oakiecokie said:
bobmcfc said:

Rag Cafe will be all over that one mate ;-)

worsleyweb said:
oakiecokie said:
bobmcfc said:

About time we put the boards up that were used at Maine Road when Platt Lane Stand was being re-done.We had pictures/paintings of a crowd behind the goal.

oakiecokie said:
bobmcfc said:

They have a 76k seated stadium and regardless if their no show they still have a global branding and attraction that we don't come close to or ever hope to. In your opinion can we attract the kind of plastic, rich corporate fan base that they have ?

supercity88 said:
Unfortunately it can never be a case of cheap seats for everyone no matter where you sit. That is not an option in light of FFP and making money. Big companies and major investment will not be secured unless the club manages to improve hospitality and market the club successfully. I understand people are annoyed at having to move or pay huge price increases for their seats. That is natural. But we are blessed with a fantastic stadium where views are brilliant from all parts of the ground. These price increases mean that the club makes enough money to then offer cheaper seats for those that would like to watch City no matter where they sit, just so they have the opportunity. We are all looking at this selfishly, as is natural. Some will say, I don't want to move, and I shouldn't have to pay more. Some will say brilliant I can afford a season ticket now, who cares where I sit, as long as I am in the stadium. On a collective level, this is a good thing for the majority of people. It gives people an opportunity to watch City at a more affordable rate, people who love their seat that much will find a way of paying for it, if they can't then they can move and will find that it isn't significantly different where they move to. If it is then they will pay more next time, or can decide not to watch the club.

I would think that people who have sat through thick and thin for years and years will stay watching City, even if they have to move to a different seat.
Good post and spot on that, mate.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:34 pm --<br /><br />
oakiecokie said:
worsleyweb said:
oakiecokie said:

About time we put the boards up that were used at Maine Road when Platt Lane Stand was being re-done.We had pictures/paintings of a crowd behind the goal.
Do you remember the one the had at the North Bank at Highbury when they were building that stand and there was uproar because all the faces were white!!

bobmcfc said:
oakiecokie said:
bobmcfc said:

They have a 76k seated stadium and regardless if their no show they still have a global branding and attraction that we don't come close to or ever hope to. In your opinion can we attract the kind of plastic, rich corporate fan base that they have ?

No definatly not Bob,but I do think that with a 60,000 capacity and more success,then the potential is there.It has taken them 50+ years to achieve their status as one of the worlds biggest global brands,but I do not think it will take us as long to get to a more than decent level as a "brand" name,something which is growing at a fairly swift rate of knots.

ell said:
moomba said:
A price increase I dont have a problem with.

A lot of the things happening now go beyond that IMO.

FWIW I never wanted us to be like the rags off the field.

This. Couldn't think of anything worse

This x 2..

Given that our owners are known for long term planning I got to thinking about the next phase when 60,000 seats is clearly not enough.

A fourth tier anyone ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.