Stadium Expansion (Confirmed)

sktooblue said:
There are some excellent points made here and I don't want to score cheap shots but if people are concerned about how expensive the ticket prices are, wtf do some many leave 10 minutes before the end. This is where the comparison with the theatre falls down, I'm not much of a theatre goer, but I've never witnessed a mass exodus 10 minutes before the curtain comes down that leaves the performers to take their bows in silence. I know this is slightly off topic but it never ceases to amaze me.

i dont really understand how anyone can compare it to the theatre, i doubt many people go to the theatre every week.

Didsbury Dave said:
sktooblue said:
There are some excellent points made here and I don't want to score cheap shots but if people are concerned about how expensive the ticket prices are, wtf do some many leave 10 minutes before the end. This is where the comparison with the theatre falls down, I'm not much of a theatre goer, but I've never witnessed a mass exodus 10 minutes before the curtain comes down that leaves the performers to take their bows in silence. I know this is slightly off topic but it never ceases to amaze me.

Because in a theatre the ending comes at the end and anyone missing it would be stupid.

In football the conclusion is often reached long before that. Therefore you'll get many more people leaving early if we are 3-0 up than if it's end to end and 1-1.

Agreed, but isn't that when you applaud the performance? It always used to be.

Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Caveman said:
The thing is; i posted on this thread earlier in the week saying that there are tickets to ALL shows at the Palace at £22-22.50. Even at West End shows there are tickets at £27 and Broadway the equivalent of £30.

You've actually hit upon a decent analogy for me...going to City these days, does feel like just going to the theatre.

You sit there beforehand, the whole footballing experience of the Premier League is sanitised to the point of tedium. It's clearly impacted the atmosphere.

These new stadia, all cathedral like, you can hear the reverential hushed tones right up to kick-off, until the band strikes up and we expect Spanish Dave to conduct a perfect symphony.

And if we do hit a bum note, there's always a PR 'Ciddy' wanker on the mic who wants to remind us all how lucky we are to be part of such an enthralling and unique experience.

I might be alright Jack, but I kinda like sitting next to Jack, week in, week out, sharing our passion for City, irrespective of how deep his pockets might be.

#Be A Part of It - but only if you have the means it would now seem?

I'll tell you how I see it, Tolm, and there's a bit of evidence out there if you look for it.

Sheikh Mansour thought he was buying a top six club with a debt and an enormous fanbase. On the face if it that's what it was - we had a good squad back then, were already in Europe and had been getting 40,000 fans for years. He thought he could pay off the debt, spend a couple of hundred million and have one of Europe's top teams which was washing it's own face financially whilst showing off his Abu Dhabi around the world.

I think the reality is that it's cost him a lot more than he thought and been a damn sight harder to get bums on the cheap seats, corporate clients in the boxes and big time Champs League revenues on the P&L.

I think the ongoing loyalty, and arguably masochism, of City fans has meant there wasn't the legions of lapsed fans he was told was there - maybe Frank gave him a bum steer with website hits or something? So we are now in a position where Soriano is under serious pressure to stop the club pissing his hard earned cash up the wall and get it to break even.

It can only happen by squeezing all revenues, including matchday (which is pretty poor compared to our peers). This was never an altruistic venture. I'm not saying it's right but I think it's inevitable. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

I think the one ray of light is that City currently have a very low differential in price between the shit seats and the good seats. At clubs like Chelsea you pay three times what you'd pay for a front row seat to sit half way up on the half way line. At City there's hardly any difference. So I just hope that they can get a balance right here so there are at least a reasonable amonunt of cheap tickets available for those on lower income.

Tolmie's is a fine post and yours makes sense to Dave.
I just can't shake the feeling that a dear loved one is making eyes and cooing noises at Tarquin and i find it a little sickening.

sktooblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
sktooblue said:

Because in a theatre the ending comes at the end and anyone missing it would be stupid.

In football the conclusion is often reached long before that. Therefore you'll get many more people leaving early if we are 3-0 up than if it's end to end and 1-1.

At football you applaud throughout rather than at the end. Support is done in real-time.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:20 pm --<br /><br />
Scareye said:
Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
You've actually hit upon a decent analogy for me...going to City these days, does feel like just going to the theatre.

You sit there beforehand, the whole footballing experience of the Premier League is sanitised to the point of tedium. It's clearly impacted the atmosphere.

These new stadia, all cathedral like, you can hear the reverential hushed tones right up to kick-off, until the band strikes up and we expect Spanish Dave to conduct a perfect symphony.

And if we do hit a bum note, there's always a PR 'Ciddy' wanker on the mic who wants to remind us all how lucky we are to be part of such an enthralling and unique experience.

I might be alright Jack, but I kinda like sitting next to Jack, week in, week out, sharing our passion for City, irrespective of how deep his pockets might be.

#Be A Part of It - but only if you have the means it would now seem?

I'll tell you how I see it, Tolm, and there's a bit of evidence out there if you look for it.

Sheikh Mansour thought he was buying a top six club with a debt and an enormous fanbase. On the face if it that's what it was - we had a good squad back then, were already in Europe and had been getting 40,000 fans for years. He thought he could pay off the debt, spend a couple of hundred million and have one of Europe's top teams which was washing it's own face financially whilst showing off his Abu Dhabi around the world.

I think the reality is that it's cost him a lot more than he thought and been a damn sight harder to get bums on the cheap seats, corporate clients in the boxes and big time Champs League revenues on the P&L.

I think the ongoing loyalty, and arguably masochism, of City fans has meant there wasn't the legions of lapsed fans he was told was there - maybe Frank gave him a bum steer with website hits or something? So we are now in a position where Soriano is under serious pressure to stop the club pissing his hard earned cash up the wall and get it to break even.

It can only happen by squeezing all revenues, including matchday (which is pretty poor compared to our peers). This was never an altruistic venture. I'm not saying it's right but I think it's inevitable. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

I think the one ray of light is that City currently have a very low differential in price between the shit seats and the good seats. At clubs like Chelsea you pay three times what you'd pay for a front row seat to sit half way up on the half way line. At City there's hardly any difference. So I just hope that they can get a balance right here so there are at least a reasonable amonunt of cheap tickets available for those on lower income.

Tolmie's is a fine post and yours makes sense to Dave.
I just can't shake the feeling that a dear loved one is making eyes and cooing noises at Tarquin and i find it a little sickening.

It's happening, fella. But you could argue that expanding the stadium leaves room for Tarquin without excluding his uncouth neighbour.

The club would possibly argue that Tarquin can subsidise everyone else.

moomba said:
blueparrot said:
moomba said:
It will be a fucking disgrace if that is the case.

Most of those relocating will be from level 2 Colin Bell and East stand. they are already in the most expensive seats. I don't see why people are assuming they will choose to relocate to the cheapest seats. Surely it is more likely they will go for the best seats they can afford which will be in the £600 - £750 range.

That may be the case but if there was a cap on how many could get any tickets before they were offered to new supporters it eould be a disgrace.

For me, I simply wont pay £600-750 to sit on the 1st or 3rd tiers. Do its either the £300 or I'm out.

Thing is, those who would want to relocate in 15/16? There are only two groups as I see it - firstly, those that currently sit in level 2 Colin Bell and East who wish to avoid the £1200+ costs and secondly, those who wish to downgrade. The Level 2ers get first shout on the relocations. Given many people sit together in groups, the chances of there being enough seats together for families or friends is pretty remote hence they'll go for the new seats....as will the other group looking to pay less.

Didsbury Dave said:
sktooblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

At football you applaud throughout rather than at the end. Support is done in real-time.
Are you actually saying that because you've applauded during the game, you don't feel it necessary to applaud the players off at the end?

our group will soon want 2 new junior tickets, but there is no way I can afford 100 quid to go on a list, regardless of whether it gets deducted off the price, will simply take our chances when the time comes.

I have to say I hate all these different tiers of pricing, for as many as it pleases, it alienates the same.

sktooblue said:
Are you actually saying that because you've applauded during the game, you don't feel it necessary to applaud the players off at the end?
I'm not talking about me. I do stay to the end.

But clearly many people don't feel duty bound to stay and give a round of applause at the end of the game and I can't say I blame them.

It's a football match, not a gig by One Direction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.