Stadium Expansion

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Abu-Dhabi-F1-Race-Track-on-Yas-Island-thumb-650x317-14110.jpg

When you see the stunning piece of architecture that is the Abu Dhabi race track, do you seriously believe that our owners are not going to make every last person stand up and take note when our designig plans are made public.

I for one cannot fucking wait for this!

Imagine the anti city brigade when this is put in the public domain. I expect the "ruining football" or "dirty oil money" comments to be thrown about.
Utd fans are bound to say that, but I think the rest of football, and Mancunians in general would be well impressed and wishing it was them. This is a huge good news story for MCFC, football, Manchester and the owners

How could anyone seriously argue against sustainable development. Utd fans always argue that though they have bought success it's with money generated by the club. If City pull this off, we will be sustainable independent of the owners

TBH I hope the extensions don't end up like a bolted on box.(OT) Without doubt we have one of the most attractive football stadiums in the UK, if not Europe. Hopefully any extensions will be inkeeping with the current stadium design. (ungrateful b****** jrb)

jrb said:
TBH I hope the extensions don't end up like a bolted on box.(OT) Without doubt we have one of the most attractive football stadiums in the UK, if not Europe. Hopefully any extensions will be inkeeping with the current stadium design. (ungrateful b****** jrb)
Unless the stadium is encased in a shell to make it look uniform again.

It would be great if we could bring all our fans together ,instead of having the away fans in between us at the south stand.
Imagine if we had a big section behind the goal like Dortmund or the Kop at anfield or dare I say it Like the stretford end at the swamp! The atmosphere would be electric and more fun, stick the away fans on the third tier out the way.

Irwell said:
jrb said:

Yes. I can see it.

Apart from adapting the current suspended roof, the lack of space behind the South Stand must be another issue. Also, elements of City Square and possibly the Souvenir Store behind the North Stand may/will have to be relocated.

Wonder if the ring(can't remember it's official title) has been dumped due to the stadium expansion plans being brought forward?(just guessing)

which 'ring' is that JRB?

From a space perspective I'd suggest there is MORE behind the South than the North Stand.... !?

EddytheBlue said:
It would be great if we could bring all our fans together ,instead of having the away fans in between us at the south stand.
Imagine if we had a big section behind the goal like Dortmund or the Kop at anfield or dare I say it Like the stretford end at the swamp! The atmosphere would be electric and more fun, stick the away fans on the third tier out the way.

I came to that conclusion last night. I honestly believe that is the plan. Newcastle and Sunderland have done it. United tried it last season and are still planning to do it.

-- Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:07 pm --

DiscoSteve said:
which 'ring' is that JRB?

From a space perspective I'd suggest there is MORE behind the South than the North Stand.... !?

It's gone Steve. The feature/ring where the supporters could add their names, etc. I posted the planning app a while back on here and on SSC.(at least I think I did)

Somebody will remember.

jrb said:
Irwell said:
jrb said:

Yes. I can see it.

Apart from adapting the current suspended roof, the lack of space behind the South Stand must be another issue. Also, elements of City Square and possibly the Souvenir Store behind the North Stand may/will have to be relocated.

There was chat about the souvenir shop being intergrated into a new North stand...only chat mind but it was closely followed by chat of the buildings external panels being used for advertising etc...and last week we had the cherry pickers out.

Believe me, as someone who has visited Abu Dhabi several times over the last 12 years the changes i have seen have been fantastic, ADUG will do whatever they are planning to the highest of standards just like the racetrack. I really cannot wait.
As for the empty seats, i posted about this a while ago about the directors area in the Colin Bell stand there is far too many empty seats on match day, make this area smaller and sell extra season cards for this area, only a couple of hundred seats but it does look poor when seats are empty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.