Stadium Expansion

Marvin said:
Modelling the Etihad on the Emirates? The Manchester middle-class is tiny in comparison. The Cotton Mills have long gone, and London is the Finance capital. manchester is a student capital, has a stubborn public-sector targeted for attack (the worst of which is still to come) and a hard-pressed retail sector. Spinningfields is not Canary Wharf much as it would like to be

yet I must admit there's a serious amount of posh cars in the Car Park outside the South Stand. And it does cross my mind where have these people come from.

Perhaps the club's vision will work, and mine is distorted by my own view of the world. We shall see

Price it right and this happens:

Maine Road, 1934 against Stoke, FA Cup sixth round, 84,569 spectators

maine%2Broad%2B1.jpg

Marvin said:
Modelling the Etihad on the Emirates? The Manchester middle-class is tiny in comparison. The Cotton Mills have long gone, and London is the Finance capital. manchester is a student capital, has a stubborn public-sector targeted for attack (the worst of which is still to come) and a hard-pressed retail sector. Spinningfields is not Canary Wharf much as it would like to be

yet I must admit there's a serious amount of posh cars in the Car Park outside the South Stand. And it does cross my mind where have these people come from.

Perhaps the club's vision will work, and mine is distorted by my own view of the world. We shall see
I've always said that if the Sheikh came into football to make money from the fans, then they came to the wrong club and wrong city. Arsenal or Spurs would have been the much more sensible and realistic options; West Ham even. Or looked at other cities around Europe. Manchester is a quite small and low populated city with quite low paid citizens on average. The North West of England in general isn't an affluent area of Europe. There are none capital cities twice the size of Manchester. Then look at Berlin; a one club city in the fastest growing league in the world, one huge booming city, with 3.5 million people living in Berlin's city region (500k in Manchester) and 6million poeple living in the metropolitan area (2.6million in Greater Manchester)...<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 pm --<br /><br />
Chippy_boy said:
Marvin said:

Price it right and this happens:

Maine Road, 1934 against Stoke, FA Cup sixth round, 84,569 spectators

maine%2Broad%2B1.jpg
I think that picture is actually United v Arsenal at Maine Road.

Marvin said:

Manchester has the wealthiest area of the country (cheshire) within 15 minutes.

SWP's back said:
Marvin said:

Is it really? For some reason i've always thought that Hertfordshire and Surrey are the wealthiest areas of the country.

Caveman said:
SWP's back said:
Marvin said:

Is it really? For some reason i've always thought that Hertfordshire and Surrey are the wealthiest areas of the country.
I'll have to check, it was something said by Clarkson on Top Gear.

give me a few minutes.

Just read on Mayfair has more Millionaires per capita than Wilmslow and surrounding.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/northern-exposure-the-cheshire-set-419112.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/th ... 19112.html</a>

Neville Kneville said:
There is plenty of money around in the North West of England & plenty of people with no money.

The club should try to cater for both.
That is the most important thing.

Scooby Blue said:
Marvin said:

Exactly this. Its manchester not london !!!! you cant charge similar prices to arsenal or youll end up with loads not going. Yes there is cheshire, but how many people from there are just gonna decide to come now??

without fans the club is nothing. Price it properly and fairly :)

btw why are we modelling are stadium on the emirates, basically a bowel. Why not give the stadium character and make it different.

I've always said that if the Sheikh came into football to make money from the fans, then they came to the wrong club and wrong city. Arsenal or Spurs would have been the much more sensible and realistic options; West Ham even. Or looked at other cities around Europe. Manchester is a quite small and low populated city with quite low paid citizens on average. The North West of England in general isn't an affluent area of Europe. There are none capital cities twice the size of Manchester. Then look at Berlin; a one club city in the fastest growing league in the world, one huge booming city, with 3.5 million people living in Berlin's city region (500k in Manchester) and 6million poeple living in the metropolitan area (2.6million in Greater Manchester)...

There is so much factually wrong with this post, my head is going to explode!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.