Stadium Expansion

Marvin said:
Prophet of Doom said:
I don't see what's difficult to understand here. We've had 20 pages of pie in the sky comments on cheap tickets and new 80,000 seater stadiums. It's fantasy !

The reality ( as we were told by the club on Sunday ) is 12000 extra seats and level 2 becoming 'bottom end' corporate, with pricing set at levels similar to the Commonwealth Suite.

The club have got to look at ways to increase revenue in order to compete in FFP era.

The downside for anybody currently sat in ELS or CB2 is that you will have an option to pay up more for your seat in future, or look for a new seat.

Shit will no doubt hit the fan, but thats the price of progress.
Doesn't matter as long as you can buy affordable tickets. Who cares where you sit

I hope the club have it right regarding Corporate seating. Everything I have heard says the demand is there, but i don't really get why that is, and I hope it's not a blip. Apparently Utd are struggling to sell their corporate packages yet we think we can find a big market there. It might well be where the money is, But nearly all of it is down in London.
Ask PB he has the facts

Marvin said:
Bluep*ss said:
Ok - now for the brains amongst us. I once read that the capacity of the City of Manchester Stadium was 47,726 Our biggest 'gate'was 47,339 - memory tells me against Chelsea. We will never reach 47,700 because of rows of seats being kept free for stewards to 'patrol' either side of away fans.l If we add 12k more then I would be disappointed if we never reached a 60k attendance, Does the 47,726 include all corporate boxes etc.? Does a corporate box have a H&S capacity? or could you 'squeeze' in a few(?) more without anyone noticing.?
We got 47,435 against QPR I wouldn't take the 12k as too serious yet. A guide maybe Don't know about your other questions. Would imagine we'd get close to a record crowd on Sat as there'll be less seats lost to segregation

Thanks Marvin -
How could I forget May 13th 2012 - AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOH............

Surely the answer is to out price the away fans thus freeing up the seats for wealthy City day trippers who are going to spend a wad on City duvets. Simple economics.

Bluep*ss said:
Marvin said:
Bluep*ss said:
Ok - now for the brains amongst us. I once read that the capacity of the City of Manchester Stadium was 47,726 Our biggest 'gate'was 47,339 - memory tells me against Chelsea. We will never reach 47,700 because of rows of seats being kept free for stewards to 'patrol' either side of away fans.l If we add 12k more then I would be disappointed if we never reached a 60k attendance, Does the 47,726 include all corporate boxes etc.? Does a corporate box have a H&S capacity? or could you 'squeeze' in a few(?) more without anyone noticing.?
We got 47,435 against QPR I wouldn't take the 12k as too serious yet. A guide maybe Don't know about your other questions. Would imagine we'd get close to a record crowd on Sat as there'll be less seats lost to segregation

Thanks Marvin -
How could I forget May 13th 2012 - AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOH............
Not sure if that's the highest. It was just one of the first crowds I checked. We have beaten 47,400 a few times

Prophet of Doom said:
I don't see what's difficult to understand here. We've had 20 pages of pie in the sky comments on cheap tickets and new 80,000 seater stadiums. It's fantasy !

The reality ( as we were told by the club on Sunday ) is 12000 extra seats and level 2 becoming 'bottom end' corporate, with pricing set at levels similar to the Commonwealth Suite.

The club have got to look at ways to increase revenue in order to compete in FFP era.

The downside for anybody currently sat in ELS or CB2 is that you will have an option to pay up more for your seat in future, or look for a new seat.

Shit will no doubt hit the fan, but thats the price of progress.

How does level 2 become "bottom end corporate"? If they're taking over all of the seats on level 2, where will they go for their pre match meals and drinks? Is there lots of spare capacity in the banqueting suites? Are we stuck with the current numbers of "high end corporates" or will they put more boxes in behind the goals?

And on the subject of the roof. Has it been explained on here why all of the roof has to come down when the North stand roof was added after the Commonwealth games? I've seen a reference to that point somewhere on this thread but not the full explanation? Thanks.

Another question for those who went to those meetings: Any timescale put on this?

sam-caddick said:
I think the stadium will not be far off looking like The Emirates, which happens to have 60k capacity as well.

The top tiers will link like this in my opinion.

[bigimg]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jLlqDrcSYeQ/S_0oi7zYWKI/AAAAAAAABtM/O4vCmC98rAo/s1600/Emirates+-+moneyball.jpg[/bigimg]

I think there is some confusion in the use of the word "corporate" as a catch-all description of plans for Level 2.

If you look at the Emirates stadium, the larger level 2 seating area is their "Club Level" and it seems that this is what City have in mind.
At Arsenal this gets you nicer lounges / bars + 1 free drink at half-time.
Tickets are approx £3300 (which is 2x / 2.5x cost of regular season tickets at Emirates).

Equivalent at City would be hiking Level 2 prices (certainly along both sides of ground, but maybe not behind goals) to around £1300 - £1600 per season.

As has been described above...this is "bottom level corporate" where seats are taken up by a mixture of wealthier fans / smaller businesses / corporate entities for entertaining (reselling) purposes.

It appeals to smaller firms that cannot afford / commmit to a box...but offers a much smarter environment to invite people to a game...away from the rather forced routine of booking into one of the "suites".

I would say only 25-35% of Club Level at the Emirates is taken up by regular fans who go week in / week out...based on my experience when invited there by a mate at Arsenal.

Modelling the Etihad on the Emirates? The Manchester middle-class is tiny in comparison. The Cotton Mills have long gone, and London is the Finance capital. manchester is a student capital, has a stubborn public-sector targeted for attack (the worst of which is still to come) and a hard-pressed retail sector. Spinningfields is not Canary Wharf much as it would like to be

yet I must admit there's a serious amount of posh cars in the Car Park outside the South Stand. And it does cross my mind where have these people come from.

Perhaps the club's vision will work, and mine is distorted by my own view of the world. We shall see

Marvin said:
Modelling the Etihad on the Emirates? The Manchester middle-class is tiny in comparison. The Cotton Mills have long gone, and London is the Finance capital. manchester is a student capital, has a stubborn public-sector targeted for attack (the worst of which is still to come) and a hard-pressed retail sector. Spinningfields is not Canary Wharf much as it would like to be

yet I must admit there's a serious amount of posh cars in the Car Park outside the South Stand. And it does cross my mind where have these people come from.

Perhaps the club's vision will work, and mine is distorted by my own view of the world. We shall see

I think you're slightly exaggerating the point here.

It's not the whole ground, but the parts of level 2 that aren't already "corporate" that is their target.

The facilities in Level 2 at the Etihad currently are worse than those available to regular fans in Levels 1 + 3 at the Emirates...and without major rebuilding work, I don't see the space available to make improvements...so I am curious as to what they are planning to do.

These "improvements" have been flagged for some time now, but so far all I have noticed is (very comfy) padding on my seat.

Marvin said:

Posh Cars?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.