Stadium Expansion

fbloke said:
Marvin said:
fbloke said:
It's why I have been so vocal on the subject.

It's not an issue as long as the club or associated logos are used the location matters not a jot.

Building a brand in the US is a very clever move and using CITC for that a brilliant win/win
Having read what expenses can be ignored from the b/e calculation I am of the opinion that these regulations were drafted with the full co-operation and input of MCFC.

To be frank, and I'm not picking on you here so dont take it that way, I am staggered it is taking so many people so long to realise how much flexibility there is built into the FFPR.

Lets be honest even without some of the wiggle room about the use of the club name/badge etc the simple fact that 'market values' for sponsorships cannot justifiably and legally be judged by an 'expert panel' in a subjective manner.
Thanks Fbloke.

It's been some time since I bothered to look at the regs. and I re-visited them this morning. Didn't get it straight away, but I do now. The UEFA version is City friendly given the concept of the Etihad campus

My figures are probably incorrect, but bear with me.

Villa probably brought 750-1000 today. That leaves 2000 empty seats in the away end. A whole block of seats in the bottom tier was take up by City fans.("Stand up if you love City!") Can't see the top tier of seats from where I stand in 111, but my Stepdaughter who sits next to the away fans in level 2 said they were full of City fans. Obviously the front few rows had to be left unsold due to security concerns. :-? Hazarding a guess, I'd say there where 1500-2000 City fans in the away end today. TBH there where empty seats in the home ends, especially the North Stand/Family stand. You have to bear in mind Villa aren't the biggest draw either.

What the f*** are you trying to say jrb? Stop babbling on you idiot!

Erm...., City need to expand the stadium.

TherE you go I've said it.(why didn't you just say that in the first place?)

jrb said:

Villa probably brought 750-1000 today. That leaves 2000 empty seats in the away end. A whole block of seats in the bottom tier was take up by City fans.("Stand up if you love City!") Can't see the top tier of seats from where I stand in 111, but my Stepdaughter who sits next to the away fans in level 2 said they were full of City fans. Obviously the front few rows had to be left unsold due to security concerns. :-? Hazarding a guess, I'd say there where 1500-2000 City fans in the away end today. TBH there where empty seats in the home ends, especially the North Stand/Family stand. You have to bear in mind Villa aren't the biggest draw either.

thank you made the same point to my brother today ,

route46 said:
all cup games should be £1 for kids
Exactly. Make incentives for people to attend the cup games and there could be many. They could include things like kids under 16 are free with an adult, under 18s £5 etc. Ron Atkinson used to fill Villa park when he was manager by introducing £1 entrance fees for minors and students so their attendances went from 28k to 40k. Makes for a better atmosphere and spectacle and also there are more people to spend money on food and drink at the ground.

jrb said:

The underlying message though is that this was probably the most Blues attending a game 46,000+ so we can see a 50k plus Saturday non-TV game attendence no problem. Let's just get the plans out and get building.

Apologies if this has been aired somewhere earlier on the thread but I would like to see the stadium expanded as rapidly and as much as possible and have 20,000 seats at low prices allocated to people living within the greater manchester area on lower incomes. I am lucky enough to be able to afford current prices but can see how a lot of genuine fans are being priced out. It would be such a win-win situation, it would be good for the atmosphere and good PR for the club and make football affordable again for thousands of fans.

cavendishblue said:
Apologies if this has been aired somewhere earlier on the thread but I would like to see the stadium expanded as rapidly and as much as possible and have 20,000 seats at low prices allocated to people living within the greater manchester area on lower incomes. I am lucky enough to be able to afford current prices but can see how a lot of genuine fans are being priced out. It would be such a win-win situation, it would be good for the atmosphere and good PR for the club and make football affordable again for thousands of fans.

and bollocks to the loyal City fans who are on low incomes and live outside of Greater Manchester and therefore have to pay for a tank of fuel before they even set off?

citykev28 said:
cavendishblue said:

and bollocks to the loyal City fans who are on low incomes and live outside of Greater Manchester and therefore have to pay for a tank of fuel before they even set off?

or even if you didnt (like me) just get the card registered to a local address and hey presto...cheap tickets

bad idea

I like the idea of cheaper areas to encourage people that cant afford to go.
We clearly need a bigger stadium whether or not we can fill it.
If the assumption is that we couldnt fill it on the current prices then I suppose it would do no harm to try and get people who cant afford to attend back in the stadium.
The only problem is that a lot of people currently paying top whack will want a reduction as well and that would defeat the object.

lindy64 said:
I like the idea of cheaper areas to encourage people that cant afford to go.
We clearly need a bigger stadium whether or not we can fill it.
If the assumption is that we couldnt fill it on the current prices then I suppose it would do no harm to try and get people who cant afford to attend back in the stadium.
The only problem is that a lot of people currently paying top whack will want a reduction as well and that would defeat the object.

Not necessarily, if the club make the same in gate reciepts for a crowd of 62,000 as they do for a crowd of 48,000, surely more money will be made through merchandise, programmes, food & drink?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.