Stadium Expansion

if they cannot sell the extra tickets then use a lotto style raffle £1 run by
the community to help local schools and other projets

mansour's tow ropes said:
does anyone else NOT really want an expansion?

the extra 12k+ seats would be filled largely with tourists and would be a huge step to becoming like the rags

No expansion, no targeting new fans = no meeting FFP, no buying the best players= no winning trophies

Cibaman, I don't see what the problem is with having a 60k stadium or whatever. What is wrong with a crowd, for example, of 52k in a 60 k capacity if it means 4000 more get in every game ? Surely we all remember the Maine Rd 'glory days' when we only used to fill the stadium twice a season for the derby and the occasional big game ! We used to get 30-35 k in a 50 odd thousand capacity stadium but there wasn't the hang up that some people on here seem to have that we MUST sell every seat every week. Look at Italy, the so called big clubs regularly play to half empty stadiums. Who cares !

the extra 12k+ seats would be filled largely with tourists and would be a huge step to becoming like the rags

Ridiculous statement....

How can you not want more fans attending matches at the stadium new or not?

I give up i really do...

peter.evans said:
Cibaman, I don't see what the problem is with having a 60k stadium or whatever. What is wrong with a crowd, for example, of 52k in a 60 k capacity if it means 4000 more get in every game ? Surely we all remember the Maine Rd 'glory days' when we only used to fill the stadium twice a season for the derby and the occasional big game ! We used to get 30-35 k in a 50 odd thousand capacity stadium but there wasn't the hang up that some people on here seem to have that we MUST sell every seat every week. Look at Italy, the so called big clubs regularly play to half empty stadiums. Who cares !

People are too worried what the rags will say if they spy empty seats.

citykev28 said:
peter.evans said:

People are too worried what the rags will say if they spy empty seats.

thats so true.

the rags can fuck off

The Fat el Hombre said:

Small time mentality. Big problem with a lot of City fans this

that may be the case, but for all the positives of expansion, there are certain drawbacks, and this will (most likely) be one of them.

when you see the threads on here taking the piss out of the korean rags and old trafford, do you join in the piss-taking or do you stand back and praise their 'big time' mentality?

Don't get involved, it's part and parcel these days. Small time City fans need to get used to it. It's not so much about praising their supposed big time mentality, more about the small time mentality of so many City fans.

Would you rather empty seats or foreign fans occupying those seats?

The Fat el Hombre said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Small time mentality. Big problem with a lot of City fans this

that may be the case, but for all the positives of expansion, there are certain drawbacks, and this will (most likely) be one of them.

when you see the threads on here taking the piss out of the korean rags and old trafford, do you join in the piss-taking or do you stand back and praise their 'big time' mentality?

Don't get involved, it's part and parcel these days. Small time City fans need to get used to it. It's not so much about praising their supposed big time mentality, more about the small time mentality of so many City fans.

Would you rather empty seats or foreign fans occupying those seats?

I want fans from all over the world, desperate to see the best side in the world, in the best stadium in the world.

OK so my suggestion for 20,000 lower priced tickets for local fans got shot down in flames!
The problem I was trying to address is that without some incentive to bring in extra fans we aren't going to fill a 60k stadium let alone a 75k one anytime soon other than for the odd game.

I have supported City for 45 years and we have always prided ourselves on the loyalty / size of support we had particularly during the times we spent in the lower divisions. All that is undoubtedly true but it has also allowed a myth to develop about the size of our support.

We need to deal with reality, after a sensational climax to last season and with the best football being played that I can remember for a long time we are only just about selling out most games and that includes CL league against huge teams.

I am also suspicious of the "Sold Out" games because to be honest there are always dozens of empty seats all over the ground at most of theses games. I know we pass that off as season ticket holders not turning up but that does not seem to be a problem at Arsenal, United, Liverpool etc. Do we really have so many more ST holders than these clubs who can't be bothered to turn up?

We have 2 STs and if ever we are unable to attend we let someone else use them - wouldn't most people do that? So why the empty seats?

Ticket prices are only going to keep going up as the club tries to comply with FFP (one of the many unintended consequences of FFP) so I honestly cannot see the need for a larger stadium for some time unless something is being done to get bums on seats. If people think the atmosphere is often poor now can you imagine what it would be like with thousands of empty seats at every game?

Perhaps all this will ultimately result in a reality-check on players wages, transfer fees etc. and the "market" will adjust itself so that ticket prices eventually come down. At the moment all the huge amounts of money pouring into the game from Sky etc are really going directly into the pockets of the players & agents and fans are having to pay increased prices to keep clubs solvent (and City are by no means the worst off in this regard).

We need to have a clear idea about how we are going to fill a larger stadium before we go down that route and that was where my original suggestion was coming from. As they say,
hope is not a strategy so what are other fans ideas on how we fill 60,000 or 75,000 seats?

cavendishblue said:
I am also suspicious of the "Sold Out" games because to be honest there are always dozens of empty seats all over the ground at most of theses games. I know we pass that off as season ticket holders not turning up but that does not seem to be a problem at Arsenal, United, Liverpool etc. Do we really have so many more ST holders than these clubs who can't be bothered to turn up?

The lads I go with and their mates had 3 spares on saturday. Couldn't shift them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.