Stadium Naming Rights / Press Conference [Merged]

Re: Stadium Naming Rights.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
blinkblue said:
YES we can, it doesn't matter how much more recognisable they are. Part of the rules claim that whatever the highest sponsorship deals are are seen as the highest Market rate, therefore we are allowed to have sponsorship deals that are equal to Barca's.
Look - can we put this misunderstanding of FFPR to bed. A deal can only be questioned if it takes place between related parties and these are tightly defined in the FFPR.

One of our non-execs is a director of Etihad as are two of Sheikh Mansour's half-brothers but this is not likely to be regarded as a related-party transaction. Therefore Etihad can pay whatever they like and UEFA can't do a thing.

Notwithstanding the above I would say that as long as this deal does not significantly exceed the next highest in the game (Bayern IIRC) then it hard to see UEFA not sanctioning it, as it will set a new benchmark for such deals which will consequently bring more money into the game and also....UEFA.

20 mill is my guess.
20 mill per year?

ferrostaal offered 1 billion over 15 years but then etihad came in with 1.1 billion over 14 years.

in my dreams

tasker said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Look - can we put this misunderstanding of FFPR to bed. A deal can only be questioned if it takes place between related parties and these are tightly defined in the FFPR.

One of our non-execs is a director of Etihad as are two of Sheikh Mansour's half-brothers but this is not likely to be regarded as a related-party transaction. Therefore Etihad can pay whatever they like and UEFA can't do a thing.

Notwithstanding the above I would say that as long as this deal does not significantly exceed the next highest in the game (Bayern IIRC) then it hard to see UEFA not sanctioning it, as it will set a new benchmark for such deals which will consequently bring more money into the game and also....UEFA.

20 mill is my guess.
20 mill per year?

Including shirts, yes.

Realise I'm making myself a hostage to fortune, and I'm not normally given to wild boasts (and I'm certainly not ITK)

read somewhere (may have been on here) that the model they are using is the american's naming of sports stadia, and we will be looking a lot more than 20 mil per year. be very interesting to see how this one turns out, i'm sure city have lawyers in place with every legal argument under the sun to counter what uefa will come back at us with

I can imagine much gnashing of teeth at Old Trafford, Anfield etc. And then they will follow

Would prefer some other firm then Etihad as the bidder for the naming rites of the stadium. How about a deal with a car company, then we could name each stand after a model of 1 of their cars.

TBooksbluearmy said:
Would prefer some other firm then Etihad as the bidder for the naming rites of the stadium. How about a deal with a car company, then we could name each stand after a model of 1 of their cars.

seriously ?

TBooksbluearmy said:

Each stand should be named after a player:

West: Colin Bell
North: Bert Trautmann
East:Danny Mills
South: Gerry Creaney

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.