Stadium Naming Rights / Press Conference [Merged]

LoveCity said:
This opening paragraph from the Daily Star gives me goosebumps.

THE DEBATE is over. ­Manchester City’s stunning new sponsorship deal has confirmed them as one of the biggest clubs in the world.

I wonder if that was KBN

Tricky_Trev said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
Taylor said:
Barcelona sign a shirt deal till 2016 at £25m a year.... UEFA say nothing

City sign a 10 year deal at a reported £12m a year... UEFA to "look at"

UEFA wouldn't be able to say shit.
If it's £400m it would account to £40m a year.
You're missing the point. City have been clever. Barca's £25m per year is purely a shirt sponsorship deal. The deal City signed today is SO much more! Impossible for UEFA to prove what the "fair value" is by using a benchmark when it's the first arrangement of it's kind in world football.

Cook 1 - 0 Platini
Barcelona shirt sponsor - £25m. Rags and Liverpool shirt sponsor - £20m.

I'd say our is about the same for the shirt sponsorship of about £15 then another £10m for stadium and £5m-£10m for the Etihad Campus which I'm sure will become one of the largest development projects in Britain. Etihad have got good value in what is a broad & comprehensive package.

I would like to see how UEFA decide what is a 'fair rate'. I assume that UEFA just accept the rate will gradually rise but anything which is sudden jump will be stopped.

I'd love to see UEFA ban this partnership which would block the creation of 160 jobs in Manchester & a new state of the art academy and most of all, dictate to Etihad what they should and shouldn't spend their sponsorship money on.

This one announcement has shown that FFP is just simply unenforcible.

@pablo_zabaleta
Pablo Zabaleta
Hello to the all City fans! I want to hear from you, your opinion of the deal with Etihad for the name of the Man City Stadium. Thanks

The awkward moment when Manchester United fans actually thought the FFP rules would stop the steam train that is Manchester City Football Club and got giddy over it.

The 40m pa sponsorship is just the beginning.
The Openshaw West area after developed will be the location of hotels, sport complex, condominium, commercial buildings, shopping mall, theme park and sign annual payment or pay sponsorship to the club.

"We are aware of the situation and our experts will make assessments of fair value of any sponsorship deals using benchmarks."

Good luck with finding that benchmark.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.