stadium party

Re: stadium party - a cock for loyal fans

BurnCK said:
These tickets were available outside the ground before the Stoke game on Tuesday.

Any moaning Season Ticket holders could have got one then....

BurnCK said:
These tickets were available outside the ground before the Stoke game on Tuesday.

Also available after the game for those who couldn't tear themselves away from mary d'S before kick off ...................

BurnCK said:

They ran out because they were dishing out handfuls to those at the head at the queue and therefore didn't have any left for those further back.

I went down at 10 on Wednesday morning, got (4 tickets, could have taken 8), no queue at all. Just had to take 2 hours off work.

cheddar404 said:
There's 2 schools of thought on this I suppose.
1. Loyal fans and therefore season ticket holders probably should have had a window where they could just activate their cards. They are by and large the people who contribute most to the club. City fucked up on this.
2. A lot of season ticket holders will have seen us lift and parade the cup at Wembley and in real terms City's 36000 season ticket holders are a relatively small proportion of City fans. Not everone can afford or is in the position to be able to go to games. Maybe this is there chance to feel part of the action.

I'm a season ticket holder and didn't get my arse into gear in time. I was gonna take my Missus who doesn't have a season ticket. I was initially really pissed off but if it gives others the chance to go then all's well and good. I was lucky enough to be there at the final and I know how disappointed I would have been if I'd not managed to get a ticket. My gut feeling is that this stadium celebration will be pretty shit anyway.

Let's forget all this moaning and celebrate whether it's on the streets or in the stadium.

this ^^^^ ...... I'm a season ticket holder for 23 years, went the semi and the final ..... but missed out the party tickets ....... I'm fine with other City fans getting the free tickets and don't have a problem with this .......... although I'm not happy if rags fans have these free tickets ...... the party is for ALL CITY fans and not just season ticket holders .......

AlanK said:
I went down at 10 on Wednesday morning, got (4 tickets, could have taken 8), no queue at all. Just had to take 2 hours off work.

I did this on Wednesday too. Popped into the City store in my lunch...about 5 people in the queue and a shit load of tickets left.

RP2 said:
cheddar404 said:
There's 2 schools of thought on this I suppose.
1. Loyal fans and therefore season ticket holders probably should have had a window where they could just activate their cards. They are by and large the people who contribute most to the club. City fucked up on this.
2. A lot of season ticket holders will have seen us lift and parade the cup at Wembley and in real terms City's 36000 season ticket holders are a relatively small proportion of City fans. Not everone can afford or is in the position to be able to go to games. Maybe this is there chance to feel part of the action.

I'm a season ticket holder and didn't get my arse into gear in time. I was gonna take my Missus who doesn't have a season ticket. I was initially really pissed off but if it gives others the chance to go then all's well and good. I was lucky enough to be there at the final and I know how disappointed I would have been if I'd not managed to get a ticket. My gut feeling is that this stadium celebration will be pretty shit anyway.

Let's forget all this moaning and celebrate whether it's on the streets or in the stadium.

This is the problem though.

I'm a season ticket holder, not enough points for the Final so missed that, queued up to no avail on Tuesday, in work Weds/Thurs - now I miss out on Monday.

It almost makes me feel like I'm not part of the club at the minute.
I can understand that mate and I feel for you. You're as much a part of the club as anyone else. All I can say is get down to Albert Square, it'll be better than the stadium anyway.

Skashion said:
Project said:
Christ, people here will whinge at just about anything.
You don't think people who queued up, were told we'd run out of tickets, and couldn't make the trip to the stadium midweek, and know non-City fans (even rags) are going instead don't have a justification for moaning that City fucked things up?
Not necessarily. When there are 5 people chasing every ticket then 4 will have tried and failed..
I found it really difficult because of time and lack of transport to get tickets so I doubt any Utd fans will have been that desperate to get tickets.

You can't just distribute them to seasoncard holders because on a Monday night 10s of thousands wouldn't / couldn't go.

Maybe it should have been 2 max per card, and you shouldn't be able to queue again. But how do you do that without using the Ticket Office. Not easy

Skashion said:
BurnCK said:

They ran out because they were dishing out handfuls to those at the head at the queue and therefore didn't have any left for those further back.

They were initially giving 4 per person as announced, they ran out before i reached the front but quickly printed more and then issued 2 per person ....................

If you want to make it fair, they should have just looked at how many loyalty points you had and not the fact your a season ticket holder. I have 2000 points on an access card and have turned up to a lot more games than some of the ( Season card holders ). We had an average gate of 39000 under Pearce and certain nights, I.e a dismal draw against Watford we were playing artificial noise through the P A system due to the lack of atmosphere. Just because you have had a season ticket since the new money should you have the devine right to attend the stadium on Monday night ????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.