Stan Collymore

Misleading ???? Villa have won the league once, the FA Cup once and a European Cup once during the last 90 years. They have averaged an attendance over 40,000 once in the last 75 years and that was 40,039 !!!!

One of the oldest clubs yes....one of the most successful when the game was starting out yes. Lets see how their attendances pan out next year.
Yes, misleading. Their achievements post the 19th century are considerable as well. The inference that your edited version of their trophy haul indicates they are not a big club is ridiculous. To mock clubs in serious decline is, with a couple of exceptions, unwholesome.

Collymore isn't bright enough to manage a wind-up, in the same way that Parry & Durham do. I suspect he genuinely believes the shite he spouts.

I thought it was Talksh*tes official stance that football started in 1992, in that case Wigans FA Cup makes them a more successful team than Villas League Cup.

Yes, misleading. Their achievements post the 19th century are considerable as well. The inference that your edited version of their trophy haul indicates they are not a big club is ridiculous. To mock clubs in serious decline is, with a couple of exceptions, unwholesome.
Their achievements post WW1 aren't though.

I'm not mocking them. One league title and one FA Cup in nearly a hundred years is fact. My mocking is of Stan Collymore still considering them in the elite clubs in this country which they are obviously not.

We will see what a big club they are next season when they are scratching 20,000 every week. But at least they can console themselves over winning league titles which unfortunately nobody under the age of 120 will have seen.

Is there a Barnsley walk of fame?? Parkie, Gough, Bird is there anyone else they allowed to escape the gene pool, rather than just hogging it all to themselves??

Don't forget Monk Bretton's finest.

IbCQtz.gif

Villa have had a total of 105 seasons in the top flight, second only to Everton with 113, and 28 consecutive seasons since 1988/9 behind only Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, United & Spurs. That is a considerable post WW1 and WW2 achievement.
well they wont be in it next year hehe hehe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.