Stand leaders

sir peace frog said:
Fuck me there are some whinging fuckers on here,fans whinge about the atmosphere,our club who it seems can't do enough for us do a survey to see what the fans want, people on here who whinge don't do the survey then whinge because some people got off there arses to do the survey and then the whingers on here whinge about the results

I was never asked to do a survey about stand leaders.

Well, if we didn't all leave the pub at the last minute and stroll into our seats tanked up, then maybe we might get into the swing of things and get behind the team...All THROUGH THE MATCH...!

Stretford Born Blue said:
Well, if we didn't all leave the pub at the last minute and stroll into our seats tanked up, then maybe we might get into the swing of things and get behind the team...All THROUGH THE MATCH...!
But that's what it's all about though, a piss up with your mates, the match and a piss up afterwards. It's almost like being a cynic being a fan over here, not taking it too serious like. Think back to the days stood on the Kippax, half the time of which was taking the piss out of those around you, the opposition players and of course, opposition fans. It's a laugh. You can't just change that mentality and bring in some ultra euro-fan type and expect an entire stadium or even one stand to act the same way. It WILL be met with people taking the piss out of those so called 'leaders', because that falls exactly into what I just said - a laugh.
The fans of the euro clubs treat it like a religion, which translates into the way they behave in the stands.

images

moomba said:
sir peace frog said:
Fuck me there are some whinging fuckers on here,fans whinge about the atmosphere,our club who it seems can't do enough for us do a survey to see what the fans want, people on here who whinge don't do the survey then whinge because some people got off there arses to do the survey and then the whingers on here whinge about the results

I thought everyone got an invitation to this <a class="postlink" href="https://www.city-voice.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.city-voice.co.uk</a> - if you signed up, you got a say.

The fans only have themselves to blame if they don't like the idea. If those that went, and specifically those who have chosen to go In one of the standing areas, actually created some noise in the first pace there would be no need for this.

However, the atmosphere is terrible, we are being treated to 3,4,5 goals a game and it's as flat as a pancake. Something needs to be done, it's embarrassing. In fact I would say the sh@te atmosphere is far more embarrassing than having a stand leader or someone responsible for helping to generate an atmosphere.

Look in the mirror, you can moan all you want but it is us fans that have created the need for this.

I applaud the club for being bold and trying something. If it fails, so what, nothing has been lost, but it needs someone to be brave and bold.

I am sick of these fans (and it's always the usual suspects) that jump on any thread like this rubbishing any of the fans who actually care about the atmosphere trying to do something about it.

The club have listened to the voice of the fans and clearly there are more of us out there than the dogmatic brigade would care to realise.

I'm not sure it will succeed due to the head in the sand brigade who will stop at nothing to make it fail but I applaud the club for being proactive in trying to address the embarrassment that is our atmosphere.

Massifely in favour. The potential to abuse the dogs out any "stand leader" is causing my heart to pound. What headcase would a. step forward on principle, and b. be so daft as NOT to understand what he/she/it is going to suffer. lol

This shit next?
10-motivational-posters-walk-talk.jpg

*si-i-i-i-ighhhhhhhhh*

Limited to a couple of songs then.......said "stand leaders"....will surely be told "no songs with swear words"......and if songs are sung with swear words,would the stand leader be held accountable???

BlueGMD said:
moomba said:
sir peace frog said:

I thought everyone got an invitation to this <a class="postlink" href="https://www.city-voice.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.city-voice.co.uk</a> - if you signed up, you got a say.

Never got an invite. But will sign up now and let them know what I think of their idea.

Pigeonho said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
But that's what it's all about though, a piss up with your mates, the match and a piss up afterwards. It's almost like being a cynic being a fan over here, not taking it too serious like. Think back to the days stood on the Kippax, half the time of which was taking the piss out of those around you, the opposition players and of course, opposition fans. It's a laugh. You can't just change that mentality and bring in some ultra euro-fan type and expect an entire stadium or even one stand to act the same way. It WILL be met with people taking the piss out of those so called 'leaders', because that falls exactly into what I just said - a laugh.
The fans of the euro clubs treat it like a religion, which translates into the way they behave in the stands.

Maybe for some of us the game is much more than 'a laugh' each to their own and all that, and maybe I need to re-evaluate things, but for me any City game is much more than this, and yes I would liken it to a religion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.