Starting to lose its soul ?

davymcfc said:
I think we just have very high expectations now. Remember the uefa cup quarter final against hamburg? It was the best atmosphere I have seen at eastlands. When you compare that to when we played Real Madrid in the champions league it's actually very sad.

The away support is still very good from time to time.

The passion is fading. It's horrible to admit, but it is.

Maybe the success has something to do with it, but I think it's football in general. Our away fans are effectively the spirit of the club pre-recent success, so it's no surprise that they show the most passion.

Seosa said:
davymcfc said:
I think we just have very high expectations now. Remember the uefa cup quarter final against hamburg? It was the best atmosphere I have seen at eastlands. When you compare that to when we played Real Madrid in the champions league it's actually very sad.

Maybe the success has something to do with it, but I think it's football in general. Our away fans are effectively the spirit of the club pre-recent success, so it's no surprise that they show the most passion.

Passion is fading what you talking about

mancitymick said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
safe standing and cheaper tickets is the only way to get the atmosphere back and get the singing fans back. Hamburg is the main example

How can Hamburg be the main example when we dont have standing at home. We are already doing the cheap tickets.

i meant in terms of cheap tickets, yes we do have relatively cheap tickets but at a fiver groups of lads were buying loads of tickets and able to stand next to each other easily. Against barnsley the difference was the crowd was mostly made up of kids and parents.

grim up north said:
Seosa said:
davymcfc said:

It is.

Things have become easy. While we still stress out and moan like us fans do, because we know we could still win a trophy and will be playing Champions League football next season, the sense of anticipation isn't there. This season's failing will have contributed to it because we know that the league is gone but there's still a chance in the Cup, but the old feeling of going to see City and hoping for the best is gone.

Do you still feel connected to the club? I do to an extent, and all this success is what I dreamt of for years, but something isn't right. It's like something is missing, and the lack of passion and atmosphere these days is representive of that, IMO.

Seosa said:
grim up north said:
Seosa said:

It is.

Things have become easy. While we still stress out and moan like us fans do, because we know we could still win a trophy and will be playing Champions League football next season, the sense of anticipation isn't there. This season's failing will have contributed to it because we know that the league is gone but there's still a chance in the Cup, but the old feeling of going to see City and hoping for the best is gone.

Do you still feel connected to the club? I do to an extent, and all this success is what I dreamt of for years, but something isn't right. It's like something is missing, and the lack of passion and atmosphere these days is representive of that, IMO.

Speak for yourself. Our passion is still there. Left the house At 1.00pm got home 11.45. Feel totally connected, loving the feeling of non dread every time I walk thru the turnstiles. The atmos was fine yesterday. The banter on the way down was great and even better on the way back.

If you don't enjoy winning after years of shite would suggest you give it up. And go in the match thread

yesterday i was sat in cb 1, there were two seats next to me which was empty, then 20 mins after game had started a lad and mrs came and sat down. he then had a go at people for not singing and 10 mins b4 ht they both went. never came back so they went somewhere else or pissed off home. wtf why didnt they stay and watch game i never know

It's been said countless times by many fans, but the problem is 'All Seater' stadia.

In the days prior to this, those attending Maine Road new where they fitted in.

If you were male, working class, walked or came by bus, and wanted to smoke, swear and sing, you knew your place was the Kippax.

If you were a father with younger children it was Platt Lane or if you were slightly better off and came in your Cortina, then maybe the North Stand.

Those who drove, Rovers P6's, had sheepskin coats and lived in Bramhall assembled with the very few females in the Main Stand.

Sadly, things are not quite as clear cut and you have as much chance of being sat next to a silent Chinese student with his Nikon and 50/50 scarf as you have of being next to that noisy drunken thug from Burnage who has got a Stanley Knife and Bike Chain in his pockets.

Personally I'm quite pleased when I see the seats around me full of silent Chinese, however I fully understand the urges of others to sit amongst noisy foul mouthed nutters!

Choice is the key. And until we reformat the ground to suit the different types attending then we will always have different opinions about what those sat around us are doing or not doing!

Perhaps this EverBlue cleansing of poor folk from Level 2 may be the answer after all.

;-)

What was wrong with the atmosphere yesterday? About as good as you could possibly wish for a City drubbing of second tier opposition. I was very impressed by it in fact.

I hate the early leaving stuff though, it's really sad to see half the stadium empty when the players turn to the stands to applaud the fans. But this is modern football really, the race to be the first out of the car park.

My passion hasn't dwindled, arrived home barely able to speak last night.

grim up north said:
Seosa said:
grim up north said:

It is.

Speak for yourself. Our passion is still there. Left the house At 1.00pm got home 11.45. Feel totally connected, loving the feeling of non dread every time I walk thru the turnstiles. The atmos was fine yesterday. The banter on the way down was great and even better on the way back.

If you don't enjoy winning after years of shite would suggest you give it up. And go in the match thread

Are you trying to point to the fucking Matchday Thread in an attempt to prove a point about passion? Just when I thought you couldn't be any more of a c|u|n|t...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.