stephen Ireland....one season wonder ,or not?

jefr

sorry to have to be the person that started this particular thread, but, he's increasingly looking just this. don't get me wrong, I'd love to be wrong but he's looking increasingly
like the player we'd have all driven to Sunderland at the start of last season.

not sure... but your right he has been absolutely fucking shite for ages, and i was slagged for saying it in the matchday thread.

for me he is too weak and lets his head drop alot on the pitch, swp is smaller but he bounces off players, ireland doesnt, he just loses the ball. On his day Ireland is world class, but i don't think he has put one performance in this season.

Robinho made him into a better player since they read each other so well, our most beautiful football came last season when Robbie, Ireland, and SWP/Elano were linking up together. No Elano + no Robinho = worse Ireland.

jefr said:
sorry to have to be the person that started this particular thread, but, he's increasingly looking just this. don't get me wrong, I'd love to be wrong but he's looking increasingly
ingly like the player we'd have all driven to Sunderland at the start of last season.[/quote

No I think city have stopped playing the attacking football we are all used to see them playing and the way we playing now with the midfield stuck in there own half just don’t suit him or anyone for that.

He might be, he looks confused, frustrated, bored, out of form, bad touch, ect.etc.. This lad was always going to be a bit of puzzle. Good footballer, I don't know how much he's on , but maybe it all comes too easy for him these days. He could do with a session on the shrink couch.

Breaker said:
Robinho made him into a better player since they read each other so well, our most beautiful football came last season when Robbie, Ireland, and SWP/Elano were linking up together. No Elano + no Robinho = worse Ireland.

You could have a point there, i also think he needs a run of games playing behind the striker to get his confidence back, at least he created the goal today.

the fact is hes had 1 good season since breaking into the first team. he's not a kid anymore and even last year he went quite a while off the boil. too many are over protective of academy graduates and wont have a bad word said about them, even when its glaringly obvious they should be dropped/rested.

Got to admit I've been disappointed with Stevie. He may be carrying a niggling injury you never know. I also think he plays better when we have more mobile strikers on like Bellers and Tev who run the channels. IMHO Ireland is "that" creative player we need but with Ade and Crocky having the mobility of a carthorse he's finding it hard to make that killer pass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.