Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

Where is the evidence for his early peaking.
He has improved 100 % since he arrived, by your "logic" he may well be a late developer like De Bruyne

Name me me a small winger who has got better in his late twenties?

Do you want the name of a small black winger ?... or could i just say Messi

Messi is a once in a lifetime but good answer although i wouldnt say he has got better last 5 years

SWP, the lad at Everton who played for Arsenal, Lennon, even going back to Lee Sharpe and David White - wingers don't tend to get better with age in my opinion. Especially not ones who rely on pace.

Gonna be honest, I’d prefer to have him than to not, but if his heart is set on a move Then all power to him.

I’d expect txiki and the gang already have replacement targets for everyone in a little drawer somewhere

Media are just trying to upset us in any way they can, with the reports on Sterling and Real , and Sergio and shisha pipe, and Neville’s “Wolves have shown how to beat City” even though they didn’t, and technically they lost.
It’s just any bit of shit they think will create a problem, they are just desperate w4nkers!!!!
CTID

eh?

Messi is a once in a lifetime but good answer although i wouldnt say he has got better last 5 years

SWP, the lad at Everton who played for Arsenal, Lennon, even going back to Lee Sharpe and David White - wingers don't tend to get better with age in my opinion. Especially not ones who rely on pace.

I agree that often players who rely on pace can reach their peak earlier.
David White for example , had little apart from pace, and as his body shape changed he detiorated. He retained his ability to strike the ball well, this he was moved to a central role

Sterling is a physical freak, ask pep. I see him developing other parts of his game, though I do not think he will ever be a natural finisher. He is working on his non kicking good being closer to the ball when shooting, a must for all good strikers of the ball. His control, passing, movement, game awareness have improved drastically. I think he will be at the top level for another 7/8 years, despite the likes of Simon Jordan who clearly believes what the Sun write about him.

Another way of looking at it is the players you mentioned as sad as it's going to be, won't be here in a couple of years. Sterling is 23 and is getting better every season. He could be a key part of our team for the next 10 years if he wanted to. I don't see it as unreasonable giving him a pay raise to keep him here.

Agree with that mate. Hope he gets a pay rise and stays. But just hope his demands aren’t unreasonable which seems to be the case with club and agent seemingly far apart. I just don’t think he deserves parity with KDB, aguero etc. But he may not be asking for that and rumours could be bollocks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.