Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

If he thinks he can get £300k a week elsewhere, he’s off. He’s only missing an FA Cup domestically, if someone like arsenal would pay that, he can easily win that there. Maybe he’s not arsed about European success if he thinks his bank account can get even bigger?
Maybe. Some players are motivated by money and there's nothing wrong with that. He could be trying to maximize his income. But if the difference between what we're offering and what they're offering is somethjjng less than 50k a week, I know there's no chance of I'd leave.

He could maximize his brand by being a part of a dominant team and more than Make up the difference in wages as time goes on.

Maybe. Some players are motivated by money and there's nothing wrong with that. He could be trying to maximize his income. But if the difference between what we're offering and what they're offering is somethjjng less than 50k a week, I know there's no chance of I'd leave.

He could maximize his brand by being a part of a dominant team and more than Make up the difference in wages as time goes on.
This is why I never was arsed what Milner ‘did’. Hired guns, out for the best deal.

Do the club not have the wherewithal to establish if the alleged interest from Madrid is legit?

We wouldn't do that, certainly not at this stage. Madrid might actually want Raheem, so they are hardly going to tip their hand by admitting it either way.

A few people suggested at the start of the year that this was all bollocks but Aidy Ward was briefing interest from Spain back in early February.

I still think we will blink first, based on his age, what it will cost to replace him in the inflated market, and him being a home-based player.

If Raheem is dead-set on leaving, then the above won't matter for anything, we will sell next summer and wipe our eye.

If Real Madrid are actually interested, then it's not a stretch to imagine Ward and Raheem know they are asking for unrealistic terms, as he would certainly have his head turned.

Was actually in support of what you said..First post was just an observation to the different reactions to the Sterling and Toure situations with their agents and the media and all that.Same scenarios but one was vilified by many while the other one,
many feel that it's the agent who is the poisonous one.

Sorry then, don't usually get an apology out of me.

We wouldn't do that, certainly not at this stage. Madrid might actually want Raheem, so they are hardly going to tip their hand by admitting it either way.

A few people suggested at the start of the year that this was all bollocks but Aidy Ward was briefing interest from Spain back in early February.

I still think we will blink first, based on his age, what it will cost to replace him in the inflated market, and him being a home-based player.

If Raheem is dead-set on leaving, then the above won't matter for anything, we will sell next summer and wipe our eye.

If Real Madrid are actually interested, then it's not a stretch to imagine Ward and Raheem know they are asking for unrealistic terms, as he would certainly have his head turned.

Real Madrid have several times this summer released official statements saying they aren't interested in a player when transfer rumours have gone big in Spain.

If Sterling-Madrid rumours get picked up by Marca and AS and they have genuinely got no interest, they might do the same again.

Thanks, so in essence we ( the club) don't have a clue whether the alleged Madrid interest is legit or not.

There is quite a difference between Ward briefing interest and Madrid interest.
If Madrid were interested, the first step is it is all over Marca, then a couple of Madrid players recommending life in Madrid, then Sterling says he will concentrate on football, no contract talks until the Summer.....
The scenario is often repeated.

This is why I never was arsed what Milner ‘did’. Hired guns, out for the best deal.

It wasn't what Milner did that pissed me off, it was the way it was reported in contrast to how the Sterling deal was reported but we're getting into agenda territory there so probably best left alone ;)

Real Madrid have several times this summer released official statements saying they aren't interested in a player when transfer rumours have gone big in Spain.

If Sterling-Madrid rumours get picked up by Marca and AS and they have genuinely got no interest, they might do the same again.

Expect so! Although they kept their own counsel over Hazard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.