Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

Sterling for kane, mbappe or neymar? Personally I like Sterling a lot but much like the rest of the squad his sale would not bother me in the slightest if it meant City continue to win. That said although all good players, some of them great I'm not sure any of those three would be able to provide city with what sterling currently offers City. Despite his detractors as well as his pace for his age he's a very very clever and versatile player, capable of occupying most of the front 7 positions in 352. You can pop him left or right, centre, off the front striker as a false nine or even as the main striker and we did not have to pay 200 mill for those qualities. The three mentioned are all great players but not sure kane, mbappe or neymar would provide pep with the same level of versatility and options Sterling can give you within games. Or put it this way I suspect it would be one hell of a daft gamble at 150- 200 Mill us, despite what you would get for sterling, blowing most of your transfer window budget on one of the above mentioned players to find out.

Just a hypothesis on my part, but can't imagine the board aren't thinking already the amount it is also going to take to replace Sergio for the next five years.

It's going to take £150m-£200m large.

Considering Sterling's present value and other players we currently have on our roster, wiggle room might perhaps have to come from somewhere.

We are practically neutral on spend this summer and that Sergio successor, along with the defensive midfield replacement is the only real things this young squad needs.

So my question is, is Sterling a sacrifice worth making if it secures a Kane, Mbappe or Neymar?
Putting his marketing value aside I think Neymar is worth serving. Mbappe is the man but I’d also take Kane. Massive to get either of those.

I personally don't think he'll leave. He knows City is a big club with even bigger ambitions. Even if he was to leave we'd still have Bernardo Silva.

Kane foot work ain’t good enough but he is a lethal striker Mbappe the one for me but PSG won’t sell us a virus.

Would rather give Sterling and Sane big new contracts and put faith in Gabriel to be Sergio's successor. No need to replace Sergio for another couple of years realistically.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.