Sterling attacker sentenced to 16 weeks for Racial Assault

Caused more damage than a little soreness I imagine
Oh. I'd have thought considering his record and with it being premeditated and the addition of racism it'd have been enough to get the maximum. Any offense could always be worse.

I see my curse word got censored here. Must have been thought to be a little strong for this gentleman?

Oh. I'd have thought considering his record and with it being premeditated and the addition of racism it'd have been enough to get the maximum. Any offense could always be worse.

I see my curse word got censored here. Must have been thought to be a little strong for this gentleman?
It's auto censored on all forums except 'off topic'.

It's auto censored on all forums except 'off topic'.
Ok, fair enough. No words strong enough for him anyway. Makes my blood boil. It's nothing to do with Sterling being a Blue either, just a disusting, scrotey act.
Does make me wonder why he picked out little Sterling. Wonder if he'd have done the same thing to Yaya or Mangala? Would he fuck!

If that is indeed the "correct" sentence for racially aggravated assault in the case of someone with so much history of violence, then it's no wonder people of colour feel the system is stacked against them. After all, in this case the bloke got caught. 99/100 he wouldn't have been. If this is the "example" our society sets, it's not much of a deterrent.

If that is indeed the "correct" sentence for racially aggravated assault in the case of someone with so much history of violence, then it's no wonder people of colour feel the system is stacked against them. After all, in this case the bloke got caught. 99/100 he wouldn't have been. If this is the "example" our society sets, it's not much of a deterrent.

What makes it even more mental - and I think I've got the gist of this right - is that despite him being a known football hooligan who attacked a footballer on the morning of a football match, it doesn't come under the scope of a "football related" offence. That's because to be considered as such, he would've had to have been travelling to or from a match he was attending or intending to attend. In other words, if he got caught throwing a punch at an opposition fan at or outside a football stadium that didn't even connect then he'd have got a far heavier sentence because it's deemed as being a "football related" offence even though in the eyes of pretty much everyone it's a lesser offence than what he did to Sterling.

He is spending 23 hours today in a cell.

And the same tommorow and the day after that. And the day after that.

Brilliant!

They're really not a bad lot over there in general. Unfortunately, 1 poster has now decided to go rogue and besmirch what is a very dignified thread, using pathetic deflection tactics in bringing up a case from 4 years ago against Sterling which collapsed and blatantly lying about what happened.

The odd time I go in there, always when directed from here, lots of the posts are reasonable. I clearly read more on Bluemoon so I read a lot more shite on here though I appreciate some of it's in jest. I've not seen the poster you refer to but the old saying; "there's always one" seems apt both in the poster and the racist who carried out the attack. You'd have to be an absolute arse to try and defend that idiot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.