Sterling attacker sentenced to 16 weeks for Racial Assault

What makes it even more mental - and I think I've got the gist of this right - is that despite him being a known football hooligan who attacked a footballer on the morning of a football match, it doesn't come under the scope of a "football related" offence. That's because to be considered as such, he would've had to have been travelling to or from a match he was attending or intending to attend. In other words, if he got caught throwing a punch at an opposition fan at or outside a football stadium that didn't even connect then he'd have got a far heavier sentence because it's deemed as being a "football related" offence even though in the eyes of pretty much everyone it's a lesser offence than what he did to Sterling.

I'm a magistrate. The sentence is about right in terms of what the sentencing guidelines say (e.g. not what the law "should" be, what it is). Starting point is a community order, bump up for aggravating features, take the mandatory 33% off for a guilty plea.

On the banning order, you've not got that quite right. These are ancillary orders and wouldn't have affected sentence in the way you think. I don't get why the CPS didn't appear to have applied for one though, nor why the Bench didn't impose one of its own volition.....but given his history he may already be subject to one I suppose, and so it wouldn't be needed.

All in all I have even pretty impressed by the Rag support’s reaction to this......fair play and a brief bee shaped Xmas truce to them imo.... it’s been a fook of a year here in Mcr. Good to unearth common humanity.......

However....game on until the end of the season ....C’mon City!

I'm a magistrate. The sentence is about right in terms of what the sentencing guidelines say (e.g. not what the law "should" be, what it is). Starting point is a community order, bump up for aggravating features, take the mandatory 33% off for a guilty plea.

On the banning order, you've not got that quite right. These are ancillary orders and wouldn't have affected sentence in the way you think. I don't get why the CPS didn't appear to have applied for one though, nor why the Bench didn't impose one of its own volition.....but given his history he may already be subject to one I suppose, and so it wouldn't be needed.

I think for the banning order it has to be football related violence on the day of a specific designated sporting event 4 hours before or 2 after
Something like that

Not sure why united haven't stepped in and given the c*nt a lifetime ban....oh yes, one less megastore customer.

What i cannot grasp is why he didnt go over to Melwood its only half an hour away and attack the smallest Liverpool player , i thought they were their true rivals .Although i cant think of one of their players being demonised in the media like Sterling has been , maybe he's a S*n reader then you would see his influences for his attack , but again i am presuming this prick has the intelligence to read, apologies in advance to all dyslexics , its not very CofC.

What i cannot grasp is why he didnt go over to Melwood its only half an hour away and attack the smallest Liverpool player , i thought they were their true rivals .Although i cant think of one of their players being demonised in the media like Sterling has been , maybe he's a S*n reader then you would see his influences for his attack , but again i am presuming this prick has the intelligence to read, apologies in advance to all dyslexics , its not very CofC.
He'd probably have to nick a car to get there.

I don't think the sentence is a deterrent at all. This assault could have been very serious. This character probably thinks this gives him more "street cred" in his tiny brain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.