Sterling or yaya against madrid?

I think there is a bit to be said for this. More robust defensively than Sterling, yet still carries a threat going forwards or from free kicks. Offers better control in midfield.

Then sub Sterling or Kelechi in with 20 to go.

Initially seems a bit 'out of left field' but on analysis has a bit going for it. Yes, would need work rate.
we tried that against barcelona last year, not sure it worked great.

Agree about Kev and that's why he wouldn't start for me. It isn't the right game for him but he could come in handy as the game goes on. Sterling yes, Yaya yes, Sevilla yes. I can't forget that performance and I feel we have to approach this game in the same way as our best game this season.

No fucking way KDB won't start.

No fucking way KDB won't start.
Not saying he won't start but he wouldn't start for me in this game. Formation will win this game and I would go with what we know works. We could get away with playing Kev anywhere in the team because he's a proper footballer but in this game, stick him on the bench, give Yaya an hour, then throw him on in his favoured role.

It's such a tough call. People come out with "we need to play on the counter, so Sterling should start", but do they not remember how we countered at Chelsea? Sterling was not available then. We can still counter without him. I would love to see De Bruyne play in the centre, but I think Yaya's control is far more important than Sterling's pace and backwards passing. Yaya for me.

Well that's fuckin OK then isn't it? Didn't know you were picking the team , thought it was a forum for opposing views.

Calm down mate, you have some easy trigger down there :)

Of course you can post your views, just as I can think it's not too worthy to talk about unrealistic scenarios.

Are we friends again? :D

Not saying he won't start but he wouldn't start for me in this game. Formation will win this game and I would go with what we know works. We could get away with playing Kev anywhere in the team because he's a proper footballer but in this game, stick him on the bench, give Yaya an hour, then throw him on in his favoured role.
I think City hit on something away at PSG. That was a quality finish by KDB after a high speed counter attack. He is a lethal finisher. He puts his foot through the ball & knows exactly what he is going to do. I want him starting.

Yeah Sterling's been good in Europe so far but I worry about his bottle for this one. It's away mind, so maybe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.