Sterling or yaya against madrid?

I think City hit on something away at PSG. That was a quality finish by KDB after a high speed counter attack. He is a lethal finisher. He puts his foot through the ball & knows exactly what he is going to do. I want him starting.
I get you, but if we don't control the ball to some extent in this game, we don't get those opportunities. Kev can be a little careless with the ball. PSG were under strength in that game and we won't have the same space. These Spaniards can play football. Stick him on for Yaya in the last 30, if it's all going to plan.

I get you, but if we don't control the ball to some extent in this game, we don't get those opportunities. Kev can be a little careless with the ball. PSG were under strength in that game and we won't have the same space. These Spaniards can play football. Stick him on for Yaya in the last 30, if it's all going to plan.
He did give it away a bit on Tuesday agreed. Just had a look at the City v PSG line up. Think Pell might go with KDB, Yaya, Navas because Silva is out. Not saying its right but Sterling whilst having pace & workrate might concede possession too easily. I know the original point was KDB conceding possession but he's a better player than Sterling on current form. Whoever plays we need them on tip top form. This is Real in the Bernabeau for a place in the Champions league final. The 2nd biggest game in club football. WOW!!!

He did give it away a bit on Tuesday agreed. Just had a look at the City v PSG line up. Think Pell might go with KDB, Yaya, Navas because Silva is out. Not saying its right but Sterling whilst having pace & workrate might concede possession too easily. I know the original point was KDB conceding possession but he's a better player than Sterling on current form. Whoever plays we need them on tip top form. This is Real in the Bernabeau for a place in the Champions league final. The 2nd biggest game in club football. WOW!!!
I know. Whatever happens, we've done well and as long as the players don't have that mindset we're fine ;). You've got a point about current form. I think we could make bigger mistakes than putting Kev in the team on the right, or the left. I just feel that we may really need him in his favoured central role for this game, so keep him fresh. That, coupled with Yaya's posession early on, sways it for me. So it's Yaya in the middle and Sterling on the left.

This not starting KDB thing is the most ludicrous thing ever. He has been our best player this season and our record without him speaks for itself. We have been undefeated ever since he got back from his injury. Sorry to say but we have no chance of even scoring a goal without him in our lineup. The idea that some people prefer the sight of Yaya lazying it up for 80 mins without tracking back and then turn it on for the last 10 mins when it's all too late already sickens me. How can I get this across to people - 'WE DON'T NEED POSSESSION TO WIN GAMES'. Leicester won the league without any decent ball control. Hell Atletico had a 23% possession against Bayern ffs! Who cares if we keep the ball but don't do anything with the ball afterwards? We are not going to beat Madrid at their own game. Modric and Kroos will control the midfield because they are far superior than the 2 Ferns and we just have to accept that fact. Defend solidly and hit them on the counter any chance we have. Sterling starting over Yaya for me, with a condition that Sterling starts against Southampton to regain his confidence and match fitness.

Leaning toward Sterling if he can press with intensity for 60 minutes
KDB in the middle
YaYa and Kelechi on for the most tired around 60 minutes
I was getting a bit nervous around 60 minutes in the first leg... We were a bit gassed from the pace and they began to own possession
When playing forward from the back we HAVE to advance with quick one touches
(if possible) or switches to break their midfield trap
spacing is vital in the midfield moving forward from the back against them
Their defense is very good
If we're bold and disciplined we have more than a good chance
2-1 Blues. KDB scores & someone crazy like Navas or Clichy
Can someone do something about Modric?
He was getting a bit too comfortable for my liking...

Sterling. Bring Yaya on at the 65/70 minute mark. Yaya is more affective for a 20/30 minute blast than wandering around for 90 minutes. He isn't a full game player anymore but quite possibly one of the most rewarding subs at our disposal.

Don't know weather to laugh or cry. Keep our best player on the bench, I've seen it all now.

bit off subjest sorry but looking for a little help, I live in SW Wales and wanna take my 2 boys to the Swansea Away Match. Looks unlikely I will get tickets through the club as only a small allocation.
Anyone know how I can get hold of 3 tickets?

bit off subjest sorry but looking for a little help, I live in SW Wales and wanna take my 2 boys to the Swansea Away Match. Looks unlikely I will get tickets through the club as only a small allocation.
Anyone know how I can get hold of 3 tickets?
There will normally be a thread in the 'Tickets and Travel' forum. If there isn't a thread already, then just start one. There's normally tickets for every game available, and at face value as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.