Sterling or yaya against madrid?

Sterling without doubt. We have seen over the course of the season that sterling isn't an impact sub. I think we will need pace on the counter attack in order to win this game. If we do get in to a winning position then yaya would be an ideal choice to come off the bench to help see the result out with his experience and technical ability.

If it goes right through to pens then yaya won't last that long fresh from injury,or he could start and we get a result in the 90,it's a tricky one

I previously thought Sterling would be a better impact sub but with Yaya getting on why not the other way around. What luxury problems City have these days. A £44 million youngster on the wing or a champions league winner bombing through the middle.

We will probably be playing on the break so would have thought Sterling, Navas and KDB would be the best bet.

It's what I would do too and it's what we were doing at the start of the season, if yo replace SuperKev for Merlin.

Start Raheem Sunday to help build his strength and he'll be ready for Wednesday.

There's also an option to keep it tight by playing clichy lb, kolarov lm. Sagna rb, zabaleta rm. Two ferns in the middle. Two banks of 4 to stifle Real.
Aguero and kdb up front.
It could change formation by using the right subs as the game goes on but that would involve being adaptive, flexible and adopting a win at any cost mentality. That hasn't happened for the last 3 years so it's unlikely to start now.

Sterling for me. There's more than just Yaya or Sterling to consider. Playing Yaya mean KDB out wide, he's currently our most dangerous player and has nowhere near as much influence on the game out wide. Plus, i suspect we'll be aiming to keep it tight and hit with pace on the counter. Sterling and Navas either side with KDB supporting Aguero for me. Protection and pace on the flanks and KDB in his best position. Yaya to come on later on to either help keep the ball better if we're somehow in a winning position or to try and come up with a bit of magic from nowhere if we need a goal.

----------------------------Hart
Sagna-------Kompany---------Otamendi------Clichy
-------------Fernando--------------Fernandinho---->
-------------------------------Yaya
Navas----------------------------------KDB
--------------------------Aguero

Yaya for the possession but would have them operate so De Bruyne would remain central-ish and Fernandinho would cover the left side of the pitch.

No point having Sterling on the pitch for 'counter attacks' if we have nobody to starts those counter attacks, or keep hold of the ball. We need Yaya to do what Kroos does, keep the ball and keep things ticking over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.