Sterling or yaya against madrid?

Yaya. He has played in the bernabeu many times and his ability at keeping possession will be key

I'd play this

Hart

Sagna Kompany Otamendi Clichy

Fernando Fernandinho

Navas Yaya De Bruyne

Sergio

Last edited:
for me de bruyne has to play centrally behind aguero.

when he got shifted out to the wing the other day we not only conceded possession to madrid but we had barely anything to offer in an attacking sense in that second half.

why limit out most influential and creative player at the moment because i just think if he plays well aguero plays well.

for as good as yaya has been for city i am not convinced at the moment that he should be starting in the big games.

i think we should sit deep and play on the counter and try an replicate what leicester have been doing of late.

sterling and navas on each wing, de bruyne behind sergio.

Sterling.

Him and Navas have done a good job together on the flanks in Europe.

In our best form at the start of the season as well in fact.
Yeah, but that is ean also included Yaya and excluded Nando and Kevin. So we can scratch the whole 'beginning of the season " best form claims. Different players have gained and lost form since August.

Personally, ID put Kelechi on the left, and Navas on the Right. Keep KDB in the middle.

I think Kelechi is in better form than either Yaya or Sterling. His youthful exuberance will make him work hard defensively, and offensively he offers a better footballing brain, scoring instinct, and level of confidence than Sterling at the moment.

But I guess that's not a popular position.

I can't see Yaya starting against Madrid whether he is fit or not. It was evident when he stayed on for the full 90 against Stoke that he wasn't in Pellegrini's plans. Silva's injury creates a space but I doubt Yaya will take that. Probably Delph. I'd have Sterling ahead of Kelechi in a forward role in and around Aguero...not stuck out wide which wastes his dribbling ability

Can I throw in a low ball and suggest Kolo on the left wing?

That said, on Tues night, I was thinking we could do with Yaya right now.
Why am I not surprised. Mossideblue precogs my thought. :)

I'm assuming you mean Kele? As in Kelechi right? And yes I agree. He'd be my starter on the left.

There's also an option to keep it tight by playing clichy lb, kolarov lm. Sagna rb, zabaleta rm. Two ferns in the middle. Two banks of 4 to stifle Real.
Aguero and kdb up front.
It could change formation by using the right subs as the game goes on but that would involve being adaptive, flexible and adopting a win at any cost mentality. That hasn't happened for the last 3 years so it's unlikely to start now.
This is even better than my idea. I doff my hat. Except Kolarov is a wasted play. I'd find someone else. I'd get crucified if I said Delph. No one likes him on the left, even though he does bring defensive energy to the left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.