Sterling racially abused by Chelsea fan?

On this very forum, a simple search shows there are 500+ references to the term "Dippers", a term used to degradate community "in jest" by referring to them as a group who scrounge round in dust bins for food.

Racism? - Yes

and if your immediate reaction is "but they're c*nts" or "it's only a nickname" or " it's just banter" you're part of the problem

Let's compare institutionalised racism to the term bin dipper well done fella, what about the term mank which implies people from Manchester are scruffy fuckers? Most pathetic post I have seen on here in a long time.

This all started (as we are all rightly aware of) when Raz left the so called massive club of Liverpool fc for us upstarts. How dare he leave them for us - the Mirror has peddled its hate campaign right from that moment, it has carried on and on that it has manifested its roots into other non-City football fans that now take aim when he is also playing for his country as well.

During the World Cup their was consistent vitriol aimed at Raz on social media - and all of it was pointless and not even a genuine point to put across - I had a feud with a idiot united fan who was posting pure abuse at him throughout each WC game, until it came to the point I just retaliated back and called him out on it all.

Mindless racism driven by a media hate campaign

I applaud Raz for his highlighting of all this because it has gone on far too long imo

I cant believe the fucking bellend didnt hand himself in? If his shame didnt make him then he should have done it for his own safety.

The thing is by not doing so he has almost sealed his fate. If you were only shouting "Manc c*****!" You would be right onto the media putting them right and trying to cool it down. " I admit it looks bad but I got caught up in the atmosphere and probably shouldn't have shouted Manc c**** but I swear I didn't shout a racist remark. " Lying low for a few days makes him look even more guilty.

On this very forum, a simple search shows there are 500+ references to the term "Dippers", a term used to degradate community "in jest" by referring to them as a group who scrounge round in dust bins for food.

Racism? - Yes

and if your immediate reaction is "but they're c*nts" or "it's only a nickname" or " it's just banter" you're part of the problem

Ever thought of changing your user name to number 2?
That's a slang term for a shit.
As for saying anyone calling the Scouse vermin dippers is racist ...get the fuck out of here.
Dippers is one of the more pleasant terms we have for the fucking candle lighting, grieving ,coach smashing, Italian murdering twats that follow that cult of a club.
Fuck me you are a snowflake.
Shell suit wearing curly permed dodgy tashed Stanley knife carrying bin dipping twats deserve all the abuse they get.
European Royalty my fucking arse.

As for saying anyone calling the Scouse vermin dippers is racist ...get the fuck out of here.
Dippers is one of the more pleasant terms we have for the fucking candle lighting, grieving ,coach smashing, Italian murdering twats that follow that cult of a club.
Shell suit wearing curly permed dodgy tashed Stanley knife carrying bin dipping twats deserve all the abuse they get.
You forgot hubcap stealing.

All derogatory terms, no doubt, but are they Racist? You missed out grief monkeys by the way.

I'm not sure of the rights and wrongs of the name calling, but I would liken a fan forum to a gang of mates in a pub using all kinds of unsavoury language as a matter of course.
You are then introduced to someone new or one of the lads wives. You don't use the same language.
Similarly, I have engaged in conversations with both Liverpool and Arsenal fans in here as far as I can remember, and I would not call them anything that I would consider might offend them, unless they became abusive first. You treat people respectfully and hope they reciprocate.

There is a world of difference between talk on a forum and incendiary lies being spouted to a public audience in the guise of news.
The media should have a moral obligation of responsibility, given the access they have to a world wide audience. Their are libel laws, but they skirt very close to them quite wilfully.
There is also a world of difference in terrace language, which by it's nature is coarse, and personal vindictive abuse levelled at a player which has nothing to do with football.
It happens and we're probably all guilty, but it's not right.
I get wrapped up in a game and can issue as many expletives as the next guy, but I can hand on heart say that I don't tend to get personal no matter how wound up I get.
I follow the game and tell the ref he hasn't a clue, the opposition player may be a dirty barsteward etc., but nothing like what Raheem and other black players have to put up with on a regular basis.

If I called everyone racist who called me fat ugly stupid etc you get the point I think we all know what racism is. To say dipper is racist is ludicrous

Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.