Sterling - The Sun

There have been a fair few of very good supporting articles since that last pathetic Sun headline. The sad thing is, that these articles will be shared/retweeted in the internet community a few times less than those pathetic gossip stories. Still, it's nice to see that most of the intelligent journo guys I follow on Twitter either write nice things about him or just agree with those who do.

"This is an awkward subject to write about, but the language deserves to be called out. Lavish … flash … blinged-up … bragging … crystal-encrusted … brother … baby … the lights and shit … the big daddy Rangey … send him home … rename the national team. You could jump to some conclusions here couldn’t you? I’ve no doubt this isn’t intended as “racist”. It isn’t that extreme. But if I feel a little creeped out by its tone and texture there’s no doubt others must, too."

Absolutely.

The Sun is only fit for wiping your arse on and that's if you've absolutely no alternative.

The Sun : 40p on a weekday, 70p on a Saturday and a whole £1 on a Sunday. Yes, £1...incredible but true.

Andrex "Gorgeous Comfort Quilts" White: 40.6p per 240 sheet roll at Tesco, seven days a week.

Do the maths, there is absolutely no excuse for having no alternative.

"This is an awkward subject to write about, but the language deserves to be called out. Lavish … flash … blinged-up … bragging … crystal-encrusted … brother … baby … the lights and shit … the big daddy Rangey … send him home … rename the national team. You could jump to some conclusions here couldn’t you? I’ve no doubt this isn’t intended as “racist”. It isn’t that extreme. But if I feel a little creeped out by its tone and texture there’s no doubt others must, too."

Absolutely.

I've often heard the Goebels analogy of tell a lie enough times & it becomes the truth but I heard an interview the other day describe things very differently. It was a holocaust survivor who explained about the choice of words used to create "hate". I've just been told by a decent bloke that he hates Stirling, he supports Leicester so I'm not sure why but he said it was his attitude.

Love this bit

"England’s players have already been convicted of, in no specific order, greed, yobbery, ornate plumbing, owning a telephone, wearing headphones, going to parties, being soft-skinned fancy-boys, having inappropriately attractive girlfriends, and generally revealing themselves to be overgrown men-child monsters."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.