Stevan Jovetic (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Train said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7r2OM3WUq4[/youtube]

You can see plenty of rusty bits in there (stepovers at the start arent so slick but he'd just come on, back heel to Dzeko, losing the ball in the middle from Silva @ 2:17 and a couple more) but the intelligence and timing of the ball to Navas @ 2:40, touch to keep it in play at 5:18 and obviously the goal where he did well to make space show more of what he's about. His movement to make space for the cross from Navas at 5:40 reminded me of van persie and he was unlucky the ball was a touch behind him otherwise he would have had another. You can see he likes to drop deep and link up play then really drive at the defence with intent where his movement touch of pace and tricky feet make him a real threat

You can also see how much he takes responsibility, always looking for the ball and putting himself about, not shirking anything. His attitude on the pitch is impeccable, totally contradictory to the supposed mental weakness regarding his recent injury problems. Hopefully he can get a run in the team now and really get into the swing of things. Lovely player

Thanks again chequeredcrown

feeling pretty chuffed that he's getting into the swing of it, really looks like he wants to be here and hopefully he stays fit as he has a little burst of acceleration, is light on his feet and you can tell that in a couple of weeks he'll be sticking his goal from Spurs in the top corner, no need for a deflection.

JUST STAY FIT!

Train said:

He looks like someone who is desperate to play - and given that City played some of the best (almost telepathic) football of the season in this match it's amazing that he did so well.

My favourite bit though is early on when Ade receives the ball and tries to turn. Before he knows it he has FOUR City players surrounding him. Even after the match at the Etihad I bet Spurs didn't know what hit them.

bluenova said:
Train said:

He looks like someone who is desperate to play - and given that City played some of the best (almost telepathic) football of the season in this match it's amazing that he did so well.

My favourite bit though is early on when Ade receives the ball and tries to turn. Before he knows it he has FOUR City players surrounding him. Even after the match at the Etihad I bet Spurs didn't know what hit them.

Over the previous four or five seasons I've always thought that average kind of teams and better came to the Etihad and appeared to have been fielding twelve players. This is the first season where I think it is now MCFC fielding twelve!! We seem, this season, to have a spare man anywhere and anytime of the play! And the challenging! On Wednesday night when the Spurs players drove home they must have checked the back seat of their cars to see if a couple of City players hadn't hitched a lift!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.