Stevan Jovetic (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jollylescott said:
GX Blue said:
He wasnt superb but he was good.

You can tell he wasnt used to the fast pace of the Prem but that will come. He dawdled on the ball abit and he couldnt be arsed doing his defensive duties a couple of times but thats down to fitness and that will improve with games. I have high hopes for the lad.
That is a more accurate assessment of him at this stage. The Chelsea game will be too soon for him to start, but there will be plenty of opportunities later on as he continues to get match fit, and adapts to the prem. I think some are expecting too much too soon. He just needs more time to get into the rhythm of the team.
Agreed. Bench for Chelsea then unleash him after that.

Can someone please post a clip of him keeping that ball in play by the halfway line last night?
*Sublime*

#firsttouch!

Last nights game will do him the world of good, look forward to him going from strength to strength.

Checking his City stats on Soccerway.com, Jojo has now had 290 minutes in all competitive games, ie the equivalent of three games and 20 minutes, and in this time he has clocked up three goals. This is near enough matching the scoring rate of Negredo and Aguero, and long may it continue!

FFS some people need to get a grip. Probably played less than 2 hours since returning from injury but I really thought some of his touches last night were quality and he'll get better linking up with Nasri, silva etc.

It took fernandinho a while to settle - jovetic will come good and I actually thought he did well last night.

colbee59 said:
Nothing wrong with heart celebration shows he cares. Going to be a class act

That was a first league goal for Manchester City gesture wasn't it? Still remember Jonathon Macken doing something similar for his debut goal back when we used to sign donkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.